lxxvi. | "he's dead"

Start from the beginning

Ella felt her heart drop when she saw what was behind him. The herd. They weren't able to divert it, were they. The walkers had them trapped inside the community behind the walls of all of Alexandria. There was no way out. There was no way in. They were sitting ducks behind these walls now. It would be any moment now before these walls came crashing down on top of them and the walkers flooded inside to take down the remainder of the residents here in Alexandria.

Rick ran inside behind the gate. Michonne and Maggie hurriedly closed the gate before any walkers got inside the community. Ella backed away from the gate in fear, holstering her gun.

____________________________

"YOU CAN HEAR it! Some of you saw it," Rick shouted. Ella turned from the wall and to him. "They got back here, half of them. Still enough to surround us twenty deep," Ella listened to the growls coming from outside the walls. The last time they were surrounded by walkers, they lost a lot of good people who they called family. "Look, I know you're scared. You haven't seen anything like this. You haven't been through anything like this. But we're safe for now," Rick walked through the crowd. "The panel the truck hit seems intact. We reinforced it just in case. Either way, the walls will hold together. Can you?" he asked everyone. "The others, they're gonna be back."

Rosita spoke up, nodding. "They're gonna be back."

"Daryl, Abraham, Sasha, they have vehicles. They're gonna lead 'em away, just like the others. And Glenn," Rick looked at Ella, his lip almost quivering. "Nicholas, Brandon, and Gerard are gonna walk back through the front gate after. They know what they're doing and we know what we need to do. We keep noise to a minimum. Pull our blinds at night. Even better, keep the lights out. We'll try to make this place as quiet as a graveyard, see if they move on."

"This place is a graveyard." a random lady spoke up, almost as a reminder of all the people they lost when those men with the W's carved on their foreheads infiltrated the community. Rick looked at the lady and sighed.

"Then we'll make sure it stays that way." Ella deadpanned, shooting a look at the lady. Rick nodded. He was going to speak until another did.

Aaron walked through the crowd. "The quarry broke open and those walkers were heading this way. All of them. The plan that Rick put into place stopped that from happening. He got half of them away," he sighed. "I was out there recruiting with Daryl. I wanted to try to get into a cannery and scavenge, and Daryl wanted to keep looking for people. We did what I wanted. . . and we wound up in a trap set by those people and I lost my pack. They must've followed our tracks. Those people who attacked us. . . they found their way back here because of me." he informed.

"There'll be more to talk about." Rick shouted.

"Deanna?" Tobin called out. Everyone turned around to see she was walking away. "Deanna!"

____________________________

ELLA SAT IN the room her and Glenn were decorating to make theirs in the house next to where Rick lived, clutching onto his little golden watch, sobbing and wailing. She just wanted him to come back to her, to lay in her arms again and talk about how they were going to make this place the best place it could be while making a family and giving themselves a better life inside the walls than outside these same walls. She couldn't deal with his unfortunate death. She didn't know if he was dead, there was no proof, but what she did know was that Nicholas had been with him before they disappeared completely. Nicholas killed Glenn and himself just like he killed Noah. He was dead, despite that Michonne said he could still be out there. He was dead and that was all there was to it.

And now that he was gone. . . what was the point of trying to make the best she could out of it? What was the point in even trying anymore? What was the point if everything they wanted to do couldn't be done with each other now that he was gone? She wished she knew, but she didn't know at all what to do or how to answer those questions running around in her mind. It was all for nothing. Everything she did for him. For her. For this community. There was no point in trying to fight for any of it any longer.

Ella took Glenn's watch and chucked it at the wall. She laid back on the bed, pushing her hands onto her eyes, the tears falling even harder now. She couldn't do this anymore. She couldn't live with this anymore. She needed Glenn and she hated that she needed him so badly. . . especially more than ever right now.

______________________

AN; sorry this is just a filler chapter like how the episode was a filler ! so very rushed!

sorry for late update, i was with my family quite a lot and focusing on my school work rather than updating my books!