xxxiv. | merle dixon is a bad man

UNFORTUNATELY, THEY SAVED Merle

UNFORTUNATELY, THEY SAVED Merle. He helped them out of Woodbury, and Daryl wasn't about to let Rick leave his brother behind after months of Merle being gone and wondering if he was alive or dead. Daryl thought this would be a second chance for his brother to redeem himself and be apart of the group once again.

"It won't work." Rick told his best friend, Daryl. Glenn was holding Ella up for her fracture was getting worse and they had to hurry up to figure things out in order to get themselves and Ella back to the prison.

"It's gotta." Daryl shrugged.

"It'll stir things up."

Daryl held on his crossbow strap tighter, glancing amongst everyone who stood around. "Look, the governor is probably on the way to the prison right now. Merle knows how he thinks and we could use the muscle." Daryl tried to convince them once again.

Maggie sighed. "I'm not having him at the prison." she protested.

"Do you really want him sleeping in the same cell block as Carol or Beth?" Glenn questioned Daryl.

"He ain't a rapist." Daryl clenched his jaw.

Ella groaned, wincing when she moved ever so slightly. "His friend, the Governor, is! If it were anyone else the Governor assaulted who wasn't white, or if Maggie was a different color, Merle wouldn't felt no remorse or regret. He wouldn't been just fine with the assault!" she snapped at Daryl. "Do you not realize who your brother really is, Daryl?!"

Daryl became very angry. "They ain't buddies no more! Not after last night. And brother ain't racist!" he argued back with her.

Rick butted himself into the argument again. "Daryl, I'm sorry, but Ella is right. You know it deep down," he paused. "There is no way Merle's gonna live there without putting everyone at each other's throats."

"So you're gonna cut Merle loose and bring the last samurai home with us?" Daryl questioned.

Rick immediately responded. "She's not coming back." he snapped.

"She's not in a state to be on her own." Maggie informed them.

"She did bring you guys to us." Glenn agreed with Maggie.

Ella nodded. "Without her, we'd be dead." she added.

"And then ditched us." Rick frowned.

"At least let my dad stitch her up." Maggie plead.

"She's too unpredictable."

Daryl gave a firm nod. "That's right. We don't know who she is. . . but Merle, Merle's blood."

"No," Glenn spoke up. "Merle is your blood. My blood, my family is standing right here and waiting for us back at the prison."

Ella slowly nodded. Merle had no place at the prison. All he would ever do would be what he did before. . . harassing the girls he thought pretty, giving snarky comments, and causing drama between everyone. He would try to break people apart.