Chapter 30

A Second Chance

-

CHEYENNE'S POINT OF VIEW

As I walked out of my parents' room and stood in the hallway, I took a moment to take in a few deep breaths that my lungs suddenly felt robbed of. I was incredibly anxious about what was about to happen with Vincent.

The talk I had with my mom helped me realize how much I genuinely cared about him and wanted to be with him, but I still had a few reservations about us.

It wasn't a secret that Vincent had his flaws and that he hurt me when he could've prevented it but when he told me everything that happened with his wife, I understood his reasoning.

Rachel wasn't a friendly person when I met her. I couldn't imagine being with someone like her for 18 years, all because of a mistake you made for a person you loved and thought loved you. 

I didn't want Vincent to feel like I was frowning upon him for that, but a big part of why I wasn't 100% sure about being with him again and giving him another chance is because he made me the other woman without my knowledge. 

I felt like a fool when I found out he was married. 

I understood why he stayed and I understood why he lied, but maybe if he had told the truth to begin with, we could've worked past it or something different would've happened. I can't say for certain, but there's always the possibility.

I love Vincent and I've been in love with him since we spent that weekend together. It made me see what a future with him would be like, and I liked it. I liked it a lot. I was just worried that, with everything that I know now, things won't be as perfect as I imagined it would be.

With my lips growing very dry as I worried about the conversation to come, I mentally prepared myself for whatever reaction Vincent would have. He could get angry or upset, or he could break down and become as defeated as he was when he confessed everything to me on the couch.

Not wanting to waste any more time hoping it would better the chances of a positive reaction from him, I walked down the hallway and down the stairs to the foyer.

When I was downstairs, I walked to stand just outside of the living room and saw Vincent sitting with his head in his hands. He looked to be in a pensive mood.

"Vincent," I started to say to capture his full attention. At the sound of my voice, he looked up to meet my eyes. When I looked him over, my heart stopped for a second.

All it took was one look from him to make me weak in my knees. My stomach quickly filled with nervous butterflies. He had a way of making me weak without even trying. Whenever I saw his chiseled face or heard the gruff in his voice, I instantly became a doe eyed, lip pouted whimpering mess.

I mentally cursed myself for wavering from my original mindset of being mature and serious to being a wide eyed, giggling schoolgirl. It was embarrassing how easily he made me fall more in love with him. 

He stood up from the couch and dusted off his jeans before walking up to me. He greeted me with an eager smile.

He is so handsome, I smiled mentally. He had the most gorgeous green eyes and the sweetest smile. I'm really going to miss him, I thought somberly.