~5~The True Monster

Start from the beginning

"What do you mean?" Fintan asked, his hands on her hips. Sophie's lips were only a breath away from his when she smirked.

"I thought she would have taught you to keep your neck away from an assassin at all times." Sophie chuckled. Sophie acted before Fintan could do anything, her hands on his chin and the back of his head. Sophie whipped her wrists as fast as lightning, snapping Fintan's neck in a swift movement. Fintan's body dropped, his hands finally removed from her hips. Sophie grabbed his limp body, dropping him carefully, so his body didn't make a loud thump to alarm anybody. 

Sophie glared at Fintan, finally dead by her hands, thinking about all the trauma he put her and her friends through. It was Fintan who was throwing fire during the Fall of Inalia. It was Fintan that corrupted Brant all those years ago.

Sophie casually nudged Fintan's body underneath the bed, resisting the urge to maul him.

One of the leaders of the Neverseen is dead. Killed by the Queen of the Assassins.

Sophie stopped dead, hearing the beating of wings.

Dunmer wings. Sophie whipped her head to the window, spying an armorless Elrond lounging in the window sill, smirking at Sophie. It was the first time Sophie had seen the man without his armor. His hair was white as snow, his skin almost as pale as his hair. his ears were high points, his brow stern. His eyes were as pale as the very sky Sophie and Ricin flew in, which contrasted the charcoal feathered wings on his back

 His eyes were as pale as the very sky Sophie and Ricin flew in, which contrasted the charcoal feathered wings on his back

(K, you guys? This is an art piece by Charlie Bowater. He is my favorite artist, FAVORITE, and he really deserves more attention. If any of you read Throne of Glass or A Court of Thorns and Roses, he did almost all the official artwork for both series. And if you haven't read those series? What is wrong with you? Anyway, trust me when I say this, you should go check out his artwork.)

Sophie's mind sputtered, her vision flickering red with anger. Her father, her very heart and soul from when she was a child, was taken by this... beast. 

The Mirthless weren't the true monsters. It was the man standing in front of her.

"Well, well, well, the little brown-eyed brat." Elrond chuckled. Sophie's left hand pulled the small levers on her right-handed gauntlet, feeling the blade option slide away, turning into the barrel of a gun in her gauntlet. Sophie lined her shot up for Elrond's head, her gauntlet growing warm with her oncoming shot. Elrond chuckled and waved his hand, a blue shield forming right as Sophie's bullet was about to pierce his skull.

"And they think Psonipath is an Elvin and Vatarian ability. It is so common amongst the Dunmer." Elrond laughed. Sophie snarled, pulling a throwing knife out from the band around her thigh, but Elrond waved his hand once again, and he was gone. Sophie gasped, darting her head around for him.

"Coward!" Sophie snarled as she glared around the room.

"Well, you killed Fintan, bravo by the way, but I think Vespera would love to know that the Queen of the Assassins found out some of our plans." Elrond chuckled.