Ch. 21 - Friends or Enemies

French Quarter, New Orleans.

(Klaus' POV)

After I left from Marcel's house. I was out in the street while I navigated through crowds of people. I saw a band of musicians, then I did notice a man painting a large canvas. Then I saw the bartender from earlier standing and watching the man paint, too, so I approached her. She noticed me once I was standing next to her.

"The hundred dollar guy." She said smiling. "The brave bartender." I looked at her when I noticed name tag. "Camille. That's a French name." I continued. "It's a grandma's name. Call me Cami. Amazing, isn't he?" She said. We both observed the painter once more. "Do you paint?" I asked. "No, but I admire. Every artist has a story, you know." Cami said. "And what do you suppose his story is?" I asked as I smiled slightly. "He's... angry. Dark. Doesn't feel safe and doesn't know what to do about it. He wishes he could control his demons instead of having his demons control him. He's lost. Alone....." Cami said as she looked at the painter. 

My eyes are glistening. I had to look away from the painter.

".... Or maybe he just drank too much tonight. Sorry. Overzealous Psych major." Cami continued.  "No. I think you were probably right the first time." I said as I turned to look at Cami. I saw Cami smiled at me before, she glances back at the painting. I vamp-sped away. "So, do you..." She looks round, but I was already gone* "..paint?" 

(Elijah's POV.)

At the Mikaelson mansion, New Orleans. / Next day

I was in living room, when I heard Niklaus coming back home. "What are you doing, brother?" He asked as he looked at me, while I was reading a book. "Reading a book." I replied without that I looked at my younger brother. "Seriously Elijah?" Klaus glared at me. "Yes, Niklaus." I replied as I put the book to nearest table before I got up from the sofa. I walked over to my little brother. "Where are you going?" Klaus asked. "Mystic Falls." I replied as I walked past my younger brother, but it didn't take long until Klaus vampsped front of me glaring at me. "Your going back to Mystic Falls because our sister begged you?" He said. "Yes... She thinks your maniac." I said as I looked at my younger brother. "But I'm NOT! Marcel took OUR HOME, OUR CITY! And I want it BACK!" Klaus shouted as I knew he would lose his temper soon. "Your not going to kill him, because he took our city, Niklaus." I said as I tried to calm Niklaus. "Fine, then say to our sister that she's not welcome to here until Marcel won't own the city anymore." Klaus said as he smirked. "Stop before you even start a war, brother." I said. "Never." Klaus said as I walked past him, towards front door.  

(Klaus' POV.)

New Orleans French Quarter

Few hours later I arrived at Marcel's place. I walked into a room where the man I bit lies dying, surrounded by others, including Marcel. When I walked closer to them, Marcel and Diego rise defensively. "I had time to sleep on it last night." I said as I saw that Marcel motions to Diego not to attack against me. "I am not your enemy. Where my family and I failed this town...Marcel succeeded." I continued as reached over to a drink tray and I lifted up a glass, before I bit into my  hand, as I hold it, bleeding, over the glass. "Marcel, you forgot, that my blood will heal him, as though it never happened." I said as I looked at Marcel while he nods at Diego, while Marcel took the glass from me and he gives it to the dying man. "The Quarter is your home, but I would like to stay a while, if I'm still welcome." I asked as I still looked at Marcel as I saw a wide grin spread across Marcel's face, and he places his hands on my neck, chuckling.