Ch. 20. Going back to New Orleans.

(Klaus' POV.)

(Flashback / Few weeks before New Orleans events)

At the Mikaelson mansion, Mystic Falls.

I was with Elijah and Rebekah sitting at a table together.

"Why are we here?" Rebekah asked as she looked at me and Elijah. "Our brother wants us to be here." Elijah replies as he turned to look at Rebekah. "No he doesn't. Where's Kol and Finn?" Rebekah says as she glared at me. "Kol's dead and Finn's gone away with our mother." I replied as I smirked at my little sister. "You're a idiot, Nik!" Rebekah still glared at me. "No I'm not!" I said before Elijah cut off me. "Can you two stop arguing." Elijah said as he looked at both of us (me and Rebekah). "YES!" Rebekah said while I said "No" as we looked at Elijah. "Why you two have to argue all the time." Elijah asked. "Because Nik always daggers us and then locks us to our coffins and I still can't find happiness." Rebekah said as she glared at me. 

"That's NOT TRUE!" I shouted as I glared back at Rebekah. "Please, you hated Kol and you kept Finn in a box for most of his life." Rebekah said as she looked at me. "Still not true. Elijah please tell her." I said as I turned to look at Elijah. "Your personal discomfort might not be sufficient reason for putting the entire world in jeopardy, Klaus. I think our sister deserves a shot at happiness." Elijah said as he looked back at me. "Tell me you are joking. Tell me you are not fating me to an eternity of torture." I said as I was ready to stick daggers into my siblings chests again. "I made my decision." Elijah said before he turned to look at Rebekah. I got up as I glared at my siblings.

"Tell us the reason why we are here, Nik?" Rebekah asked as she looked at me. "New Orleans." I said as I started to walk to the door. "New Orleans. What you want from that city?" Elijah asked. "The witches of that town are planning against me, Elijah!" I shouted as I walked out of the room. 

(Rebekah's POV.)

(Still flashback)

After Nik had left away from the room, I turned to look at my older brother, Elijah. "What the hell he wants from that city?" I said. "He's probably planning something against the witches so he could get revenge on them." Elijah said as he looked at me. "You know Nik isn't like that, there has to be another reason why he's gonna go back to that town." I said as I looked at Elijah. "And your not the one who will ask that from him, Rebekah. You know he will dagger you if you will go closer to him now since you pissed him off." Elijah said. "And if you ask that from him, he will definitely dagger you too." I said as still looked at Elijah. "But I can stop him from daggering you, sister. And you know the reason." Elijah said. "Fine." I said as I got up too, before I walked out of the room leaving Elijah behind.

(Elijah's POV.)

(Still flashback)

After my younger siblings had left from the room. I was still sitting while I was thinking. I knew I was right about that I was the one who could stop Niklaus from daggering Rebekah, since Niklaus knew that Rebekah was behind the idea to bring Mikael to New Orleans in 1919, because she knew that our father would drive Niklaus away from New Orleans, but I wasn't sure about why Niklaus wants to back to the city after all these years. And I couldn't let him back to there alone. 

(Klaus' POV)

(Present time / somewhere in New Orleans.)

I was holding a bottle in my hand, while I was drinking from it. Suddenly I heard Elijah arrived. 

"Have I not made clear my desire to be left alone, Elijah?" I said as I knew my older brother would hear me. "Oh, you demand to be left alone at least once a decade. Your words have ceased to have impact." Elijah said as I knew he looked at me. I threw the bottle against the floor, where it bursts to pieces. "Why must you keep harping on about the baby? That child will never be born. In fact, Hayley is probably dead already." I shouted as I was annoyed that Elijah didn't want that the baby would die. Then Elijah vampire-speeds over to me pushing me against the wall while he hold his hand around my throat. "You will not walk away from this!" Elijah shouted as he threaten me. "Let. Me. Go!" I shouted as I was angry while I tried to push Elijah away. "I WILL NOT!" Elijah shouted back. Elijah threw me against the floor, then heaves me up again, not letting off from me. "Don't make me say it again." I said. "I will not let go. I will never let go." Elijah replied. 

I grabbed Elijah and hurl him against an iron rod fence. Elijah stands up fast and takes one of the iron rods. Then he walks towards me, holding the rod in his hand. "Even if I have to spend eternity saving you from your own stubborn, petulant, vile self..." Elijah said before vampire-speeds up and hits me with the iron rod. "If I have to beat you as father used to beat you, to remind you of your own humanity...." Elijah continues while he hit me again. "...to care about anything..." Elijah said as he tries to hit me again, but this time I was faster. I grabbed the iron rod and now I was the one hitting my brother. I hit Elijah so hard that he flew few meters back, where he falls on the ground and stays down. I started to breath heavily. I let the iron rod fall to the ground, before I walked a few steps towards Elijah, who is still lying on the ground.

"You're beyond pathetic, Elijah." I said as I looked at my older brother. "Well who is more pathetic? The one who sees hope to make his family whole, or the coward who only see the world through his own fear?" Elijah says as he looked at me. "I haven't cared about anything for centuries. Why on earth do you?" I said while I looked at him. "Because I failed you. Because the first time our father laid a hand on you, I should have struck him dead. I made a promise to you: always, forever, family above all." Elijah said as he looked at me. I started to laugh, before I helped my older brother up from the ground. "You are a sentimental fool." I said as I looked at my older brother. "Perhaps. But I've lasted this long in spite of it, haven't I?" Elijah replied before he walks away. I was still standing there, thinking.

(Still Klaus' POV.)

Few hours later. 

I was sitting on a bench, when Elijah takes a seat beside me. 

"This town was my home once, and in my absence, Marcel has gotten everything that I ever wanted. Power, loyalty, family. I made him in my image, and he has bettered me. I want what he has. I want it back. I wanna be king." I said as I knew what Elijah would reply. "So is that all this child means to you? A grab for power?" Elijah asked. "What does it mean to you?" I asked from my brother. "I think this child could offer you the one thing that you've never believed you had." Elijah says. "And what's that?" I asked. "The unconditional love of family." Elijah said, as we both looked at each other. "Tell Sophie Deveraux we have a deal." I said.