Ch 18. Kill her and the baby.

Klaus' POV. 

*I was standing on the balcony at the compound as I knew Elijah was standing behind me.*

"Evening, Elijah." *I said without that I looked at Elijah.* "Niklaus." *Elijah said.*

"What an entirely unwelcome surprise." *I said as I looked at Elijah.* "And what an entirely unsurprising welcome. Come with me." *Elijah replied.*

"I'm not going anywhere, not until I find out who is conspiring against me." *I said as I turned to look away from Elijah.*

"I believe I just found that out for you." *He said.*

*I turned to look again at Elijah.*

*Few minutes later we were at the vault were the witches kept Hayley.*

"No. It's impossible." I said as I looked at Hayley, Elijah and Sophie. 

"I said the same thing myself." *Elijah replied.* 

"This is a lie. You are all lying. Vampires cannot procreate." *I yelled as I pointed at Hayley.*

"But werewolves can. Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a werewolf. You're the Original hybrid, the first of your kind. And this pregnancy is one of nature's loopholes." *Sophie said as she glared at me.*

"You've been with someone else, admit it!" *I yelled at Hayley as I walked front of her.*

"Hey, I've spent days held captive in a freaking alligator bayou, because they think that I'm carrying some magical miracle baby. Don't you think I would've fessed up if it wasn't yours?" *Hayley said as she looked at me.*

"My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her baby are now controlled by us. We can keep them save. Or we can kill them. If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, Hayley won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress." *Sophie said.*

"Wait, what?" *Hayley said as she was confused.*

"Enough of this. If you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it myself." *Elijah said.*

"No. We can't, not yet. We have a clear plan that we need to follow, and there are rules." *Sophie said as she looked at Elijah.*

*Elijah looked at me, awaiting my reaction.*

"How dare you command me, threaten me, with what you wrongfully perceive to be my weaknesses. This is a pathetic deception. I won't hear any more lies." *I said as I looked at Sophie, Hayley and Elijah.* 

"Niklaus!... Listen." *Elijah said as he looked at me.*

*I could hear the heartbeat of the baby. I turned to look at Hayley, then at my brother and the witches.*

"Kill her and the baby. What do I care?" I said annoyed, then I left.*

*Hayley's POV.*

"Screw this. I'm out of here!" *I said.*

"No one touches the girl. I'll fix this." *Elijah said.*

*Sophie didn't say anything she just nodded.*

*Few moments later at a street.*

*Klaus' POV.*

*I was running through a street as Elijah catches up with me.*

"Niklaus." *Elijah called my name.*

"It's a trick, Elijah." *I said as I walked away near from Elijah.*

"No, brother. It's gift. It's your chance – it's our chance." *He said.*

"To what?" *I turned to look at my brother.*

"To start over. Take back everything we lost, everything that was taken from us. *Elijah walked over to me.* Niklaus, our own parents came to despise us. Our family was ruined – we were ruined. And since then, all that you have ever wanted – all that we have ever wanted was a family." *Elijah replied as he looked at me.*

"I will not be manipulated." *I said as I glared at my brother.*

*I turned away, but Elijah vamp-speed over to block my way.*

"So they're manipulating you. So what? With them, this girl and her child – your child – live." He said.

"I'm gonna kill every last one of them." *I said before I shoved Elijah and then I turned away, but once again Elijah vampire-speeds over and blocks me.*

"And then what? Then you return to Mystic Falls to resume your life as the hated one, as the evil hybrid? Is it so important to you that people quake with fear at the sound of your name?" *Elijah said as he looked at me.*

"People quake with fear because I have the power to make them afraid. What will this child offer me? Will it guarantee me power?" *I said as I felt annoyed.*

"Family is power, Niklaus. Love, loyalty – that's power. This is what we swore to one another a thousand years ago, before life tore away what little humanity you had left, before ego, before anger, before paranoia created in this person before me someone I can barely even recognize as my own brother. This is us, the Original family, and we remain together, always and forever. I am asking you to stay here. I will help you and I will stand by you. I will be your brother. We will build a home here together. So save this girl. Save your child." *Elijah said as he still looked at me.*

*Then Elijah placed a hand on my shoulder. I bring my own hand to Elijah's neck in a brotherly gesture.*

"No." *I whispered, before I walked away.*