19

"Song Yuqi, you're getting married!!" Her dad raised her voiced which shocked everyone.

YUqi widened her eyes at the shocking news. She could hear her heart breaking.

Lucas cant believe his ears. His heart was already broken into million pieces. He is swallowing the tears back but the feeling is just to hard to ignore.

''Darling, why did you scared the kids? What marriage?'' Even Mrs. Song doesn't know about this. She calms both of them down before dragging them to the coach.

Lucas is now sitting with his face down, tears threatening to fall every minutes now.

Yuqi still cant get it as she sat there opposite her beloved and respectful dad who just broke her trust.

They shared a very long heat eye contact.

''What do you mean, Dad? How could I get married all of sudden? to who?'' She said politely but too poisonous for her dad. ''That's right, honey. Why didn't you discuss with us first?'' Her mom took her side.

''I wanted too today. Since, you're here, lets make it clear.'' He glanced at the guy who has been having his head down then at his own child.

''To my old friend's son, Dong Sicheng.''

Lucas raised his head up to the familiar name. Every men in this world, why his best friend? Why It has to be Sicheng?

Everyone in the room was surprised at his reaction. Yuqi was so dumb about the guy name.

''I haven't known him in person, nor his personality, Why should I marry him? What if he hurt me? What if we do not match? What about my happiness? Have you put my perspective first?''

Yuqi was swallowing her own tears. Her dad just avoids her sad eyes. He knew it is such a coward idea but to get her out from Lucas, he has to do this. She was about to risk her life just because of him once. How could he, as a father to one and only daughter, would want to see your daughter suffering from the risky future just to be with someone she loves? It is such a coward but he'd rather be evil just for her safety.

''You had broke my trust, dad. I'm so disappointed.'' She stormed off afterwards, leaving everyone in the room. Her mom ran after her just to be shut out of the door.

She fell down, hugging her knee, pouring everything out as she cried badly.

Why thing never gets right between them? Why her father has to be the obstacle? She can go through volcano but she cant argue with her dad. How complicated?

But the only one she thought is right for her is him. Should she tried to let go and lock her love inside forever till she finds her own death?

Her happiness was never founded for this life if they would not end up together. Just thinking about it, she felt like shutting everything down to escape for a good moment.

..........

Lucas leaned on his car, taking out a velvet box he specially chose yesterday for her. He opened the box, and there it is. The necklace with a shinning 'Happiness' is the pendant.

''You are my happiness but seems like I let you pass through carelessly. Now, you're somebody's else. Does everything has to be this unfair to me?''

He glanced at the stars up high at the sky which never understands how lonely he is right now.

She is the first lady to attract him. He found lady attractive for the first time and he never look at other women the same.
She became so special to him. She accepted his flaws, his dark past while others don't. He wants to do the same, to love her, to cherish her as the most valuable treasure in this universe, to love her pain, help her, support her through life, just as she has been doing for him.