11

They walked out from Joohyun's apartment building in a comfortable silent. On their way through the parking lot, Yuqi could only heard his countless sighs in desperation. Therefore, her heart aches badly.

Lucas's thought was cut shortly when he felt a linger sensation on his wrist. There he saw her small and soft palm was clutching tightly onto him. He looked down only to see her worried expression before she briefly broke away. He frowned in curious.

''What has happened between you two? Why shouldn't I get involved? At least give me some clue, I'm really dying to know.'' She raped all of these question out just to let him talk to her, to share his sadness and what has been a burden to him. She just wanted him to share all of those with her.

But what she ever get is a little pat on shoulder. She pouts in disappointment.

''When the right time comes, I'll break every details to you. All you have to do now is not to be worry. As I've told you before, Joohyun was one of the suspects and there are many people involving in these case. More you witnessed about this, more dangerous situation you will put yourself into. So, just stay as far as possible.'' He reached her shoulder gently as they shared a very long contact.

''I just want you to be safe, alright?''

Yuqi doesn't know anymore but the way he did magic to her, made her agree in whatever he said. He is now so powerful to her.

After the pair have left, another guest visited Joohyun's apartment when she was alone. Ms. Jang left to get some food for her.

Han Shing is the guy.

Joohyun was so surprised to see his sudden appearance in her place as she tried her best to shove him away but fail to commit because he is just to strong.

''Why are you here? People will see us!'' She yelled at him. The man just chuckled, escaping to her living room before flopping down on her sofa.

''Please, leave me alone. Can you?'' she begged at the edge of tearing out. The heartless guy sat up, staring straight at her face. He gave out an evil smirk.

''Don't you care about your brother's condition?'' he said while caressing her jaw as she tried to escape.

He knew her weakness is her brother who has been suffering from cancer several years. He has kidnapped him incidentally in a picture as treating him a better treatment oversea, but what Joohyun has heard about was clearly different.

''I always do and that's why I've done dirty thing for him. But do you keep your promise?'' She asked firmly. Shing widened his eyes, chuckling at her state.

''What promises do you mean, honey? We, getting married?'' He back hug her as she tried to free herself but fail when he tighten his grip.

''The promise to take care of my Jooyoung!'' She gained all of her energy to push him away. Shing fell on to the hard ground in shock at her strange behavior.

''Do you know what you just did?'' he raised his voice.

Joohyun chuckled in tears, nodding firmly.

''Of course, I know! I clearly know what you have done to my brother! You son of devil always locked him up, not giving him enough meals, telling that doctors to keep him unconscious and he ended up not being able to wake up again!!!'' She threw everything out at him while hitting his chest continuously.

Shing slapped her hard. Her fragile legs dragged her to the floor, still crying like a mess. She would never has a chance to see her brother anymore. All she did was just for him but ended to be a loser, dumber.

The evil man straightened his suit before pointing at her in nothing but hatred.

''Listen, Bae Joohyun. I thought I should love you more but what you just acted today, made me feel annoying and disappointed. Look at you now! You're all ruined. People talk bad about you. You're living like dead. I'm even curious why you even breathing and engaging with all of these pressure?''

He mocked her as she wont stop crying, staring deathly at the gut she hate the most.

''Let's never meet again. Don't worry, your brother was already at the church waiting for you. I wish you two for the best.'' the painful statement was thrown on a poor girl before he stormed off.

Joohyun started to cry harder as she gather her knees, feeling like dead. He's right. She's a dead walking, being alive just for people's joke. How could she not end herself yet?

.

Lucas was driving Yuqi home when his phone receive an urgent message. He asked the girl beside him to pick up but only to hear an amuse sound from her.

''It's from Joohyun.'' Lucas frowned, waiting for more information.

Yuqi then turned on volume as they started to listen to the scene earlier at her apartment. They clearly heard him wanting her suicide. Lucas pulled over, having full attention to the voice recorder, only to widened their eyes at her last send.

''Please, keep your promise so that I won't be worried if I've gone.''

Yuqi gasped with hand covering her mouth, stopping the tear from flowing. Lucas started the engine, turning back to her apartment in full speed. Just when they have finally arrived, Yuqi received another call from Ms. Jang.

She gave the man a look as her hand was trembling to swipe the call. Lucas did it for her in fully hurried.

''M-miss, Bae... She was d-dead *sobbing hard*.'' Yuqi finally broke down as the guy pulled her into his embrace, rubbing her back, showering her with comfort words.

This needs to end as fast as possible.

..

News spread like lightning. The top star's death is the hottest topic around the Shanghai. Gossips are everywhere.

Some points at Han Shing again. Some said that she suicide because of guilt about Ms. Su's death.

Yuqi who was reading the rumors was burning at the statement.

''Can they at least respect the death person? At least shut their mouth tight, Joohyun was also a victim.'' She let it all out in front of her best friend, Shuhua.

"Alright, alright, Buddy, she is gone now and what can we do about million of people out there? Nobody will ever spare their time listening to you. Moreover, they'll see you as an idiot.'' the younger lady rubs her friend hands who is about to shed tear again.

''But they're getting the wrong idea of her. Is that fair?'' She added.

''I know it isn't. All we can help now is to find justice for the two ladies who had sacrifice their life just because of an evil man.''Yuqi nodded at what Shuhua just claimed. She is right.

Now she has to stay calm and trust what Lucas is planning.

Talking about him, she will never has anymore excuses to meet him ever again. That is much more saddened for her heart. It suddenly got shot right in place where she found herself harder to breath.

Never thought our fate has ended this early.