💞Part (17)💞

-Amelia pov switch-
________________________________

She slugged out of bed and made her way into the shower taking off her clothes and letting the water hit her face. Staring at the shower floor, the water wet her hair, letting it hang on both sides of her face. She pushed her hair out of her face and checked her phone. SHE WAS GOING TO BE LATE! 7:00. NOT NEARLY ENOUGH TIME FOR A WOMAN. She moved at lighting speed, wringing out her hair, not even caring that the floor was soaked. She ran out to her closet, and karma knocked her on her ass, saying 'nope bitch.' She knocked her head on the floor, and everything was spinning as she got up. She shuffled through her clothes and put on her favorite dress and put on her makeup. She let her hair dry and slipped on her wedges. Ain't nobody got time for damn heels. She heard her apartment doorbell ring and went over and opened the door smiling at the musky figure of street standing there.

Street: "you look gorgeous..."

She smiled and walked out, locking her door. She walked ahead of street.

Street: he sped his pace and reached out and felt something drip onto his arm. It was blood. He looked up at the ceiling. Nothing. He looked at the back of her head. Her head was busted open. As soon as he noticed it, she fainted. He caught her in his arms and ran to the elevators. He went down to the lobby and put her in the backseat and rushed her to the hospital. His tires squealed as he brakes suddenly. He got her out his backseat looking like he just murdered someone. He ran in, "help help! Her head is busted open she's bleeding"

A nurse rushed over with a stretcher and street set her on it as she was wheeled away.

Street: he looked at his blood-covered hand.

Nurse: "oh, you can wash that off in our sink, sir."

Street: he walked over and washed off the blood, but it still left a red stain on his hand. He sat down in the waiting room, looking at his hand and smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Street: he walked into her room and sat down

"Hey"

Street: "hey....so how did you manage to bust your head open" he stifled laugh

"All I remember is falling after I got out the shower and that's it"

Street: "you probably slipped on some water on the floor." He let out another stifled laugh.

"Hey, it's not funny; the only reason I can't feel the pain is because of the morphine."

Street: he laughed and smiled

"Sorry, I kinda ruined our first date..."

Street: "no no I have reservations at a steak place but-"

"Street!- I'm fine. I can go!"

Street: he giggled and leaned her back into the bed. "It's ok. Rest. I'll tell the team to visit you. I uh have to work late tonight, but Hondo said he would cover. But I feel bad not going back. So um...get better...ya" he felt awkward saying 'babe' or 'baby' yet. It wasn't the right time. He drove back to the station and ran inside. He saw Hondo at the computer "yo Hondo."

Hondo: "aye man what you doing, I thought you had your date with-" he looked at his watch " it's eight-thirty."

Street: "well, she had to be taken to the hospital. She busted her head open on the bathroom floor because it was covered in water..."

Hondo: "oh, man, in sorry. I'll visit her on my way back home to becca."

Street: "Becca?"

Hondo: "my girlfriend."

Street: "oh. Well, I um can take over here, so go ahead."

Hondo: "thanks, man" he grabbed his bag, slinging it over his shoulder and jogged out to his car, going to the hospital. He parked and went in, asking to see Amelia, and they escorted him there. He walked in, and her head immediately perked up.

"oh, Hondo, hi."

Hondo: "hey" he sat down rubbing the tops of his thighs. "so I heard what happened"

"ya, I was rushing because I was late for me and streets date and got water all over the floor and busted my head open." she raised her bed to look at him.

Hondo: "you ok?"

"ya, just fine. Thank God for morphine."

Hondo: he softly laughed and rubbed his hands together.

"so um, how is the girlfriend."

Hondo: "oh, Rebecca, we are good. Going through a rough patch right now, but we are trying to work it out."

"oh, in sorry. Oh, and her name is Rebecca. I never caught her name. She is a beautiful woman, though."

Hondo: "she really is I got her us promise rings and in wearing mine right now." he showed his hand.

"oh, how cute."

Hondo: "well, I better get back. But I'll come and visit tomorrow."

"ya ya, get home. Drive safe"

Hondo: he gave a wave gesture and left.