Salvation

Hondo stayed there for 3 hours and it wasn't until the scientist came out with the prints info that hondo didn't hesitate to take it and make a run for his car. He flung his door open and got in hitting the gas before he had time to put on his seatbelt. He drove to the house and got ready in his gear in his car. He got up and knocked on the door. "Swat open the door!"

The man gasped and grabbed Amelia and rushed her back to the cellar practically throwing her body on the hanging bed and closing her cell door. He ran up the stairs and grabbed the other long rotten bodies sitting at the tea table and threw them in the cellar. He closed the hatch door and put the rug over the hatch.

"SWAT ANSWER THE DOOR" hondo shouted getting more angry by the second.

The man flung the mask into a pile of pillows on the couch and answered the door.

"I got a call that a refugee is residing in this house." Hondo made up. "May I come in and check.

All Amelia could smell was rotten flesh and the scent was partically potent. Like something that was freshly dead resided in the cellar. The girl.

"Yes come in sir"

Hondo entered the house and checked the house. Walking by the oddly placed rug twice. "Your house does have a very odd stench sir"

"Oh yes sir that's because of the sewage pipe that broke near my home I called someone to come fix it but they can't come till tommorw.

Hondo went back to that same rug and put his foot on the rug starting to uncover the floor beneath.

The man rushed to put it back. "Uh sir! That's my grandmas room. I request you not search it because it's in her will. She was a very private person."

"I understand sir but I need to check every room and if there's no one here then I'll leave."

"Please sir I don't wanna relive memories of her."

"I'm sorry for your loss sir but-"

"Hondo!" James voice rung out.

Hondo sighed.

"Why did you just go ahead that wasn't in the orders."

"Yes I know but I thought if I go alone I could get it done faster."

"That's no excuse your going to do it then do it like your supposed to."

Hondo bit his tongue.

"Now sir let's see that room." David said walking to the man.

The man was panicking and sweating. He reluctantly slide back the rug and brought his right hand back to grab the syringe. He charged at hondo tackling him to the ground.

David pointed his gun at the man "put the syringe down!"

Luca came barreling and tackled the man to the ground as hondo ripped open the hatch and the stench came back ten fold. He held his breath and went down looking at the two cells then at the bodies on the ground. He kicked open Amelia's cell door and immediately picked her up hugging her. He brushed past Luca and David and took his car taking Amelia to the hospital.

Once he was there he yelled for medical attention and nurses came rushing out taking Amelia from hondo and wheeling her back in a stretcher. Hondo mean while waited in the waiting room for four hours.

A repeated process of medicine and psychically stretching Amelia's legs and arms. He was allowed to come see her and hondo came in and sat next to her bed.

"You came for me..."

"Of course I did..." he slipped his hand to hold hers.

Amelia's expression went sad "You weren't able to save the other girl were you..."

Hondo swallowed hard "no she was already red by the time we got to her."

Amelia started crying. She figured if the girl stayed alive a little longer then she could get her out and the girl could have a new life. But her last moments were spent in pain and agony.

Hondo bent over and hugged Amelia stroking her hair.

For the next few days Amelia's spent her time in the hospital with hondo growing closer than ever before. And the day of Amelia's release he wanted to make a happy memory to erase the bad one. He took her stargazing. He laid a blanket out on the ground and sat there with Amelia for what felt like hours. The best hours of his life. They talked and laughed till their stomachs hurt.

Hondo reached for the speaker and put on his playlist that they listened to while watching the sky seeing a shooting star fly across the sky. Hondo tapped Amelia's shoulder. "Hey get up real quick."

"What? Why?"

"Just do it."

"Ok"

Hondo helped her up and wrapped her arms around his neck and placed his hands on her hips and he danced with her under the stars.

Looking down into her eyes studying every eyelash, remembering the way her eyes dai later when he spoke to her, how her mouth moved when she talked, and how her lips sat so perfectly.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Amelia blushed.

Hondo smiled "it's cause your beautiful. That's why."

Amelia looked away smiling. She hit his chest lightly "your so cheesy. Gross." She laughed.

Hondo lightly gripped her chin and turned her face to make her look at him. As if the world started spinning in slow motion he pressed his lips to hers.

It took amelia a few seconds to process what was happening but melted into kiss and pulled hondo impossibly closer. The kiss was full of passion, love, and safety. It felt like no one else exsisted but them.

Hondo pulled his lips away and pressed his forehead to hers. "I love you." He whispered.

Amelia smiled gleefully and pulled him into a kiss again.

Hondo pulled back again "does this mean you love me too?"

Amelia laughed "yes I love you too. Now come here." She kissed the man once again and felt completely content. Pulling away to lay her head on his chest she swayed with him in the field until the break of dawn.