💞Part 26💞

Waking up in Hondo's arms, Amelia stood and barely remembered anything from last night. Now she was in desperate need of a donut or breakfast sandwich. She grabbed her purse and swung it over her shoulder; she cleaned up their area, and then she headed out for a coffee shop. She parked her car a block away from the shop and got out walking down the street, and passed by a homeless person's tent now and again. The bright summer air flourishing with birds chasing each other and squirrels going out looking for nuts. She walked in the coffee shot and ordered an americano and a chocolate donut.

She gladly took her order from the lady's hand when she called her name. She even tipped because she was feeling generous today. She left, and as she took a few steps back in the other direction, she collided with a passerby wearing a grey hoodie. She saw a sliver of his face and thought he looked familiar, but he bowed as a form of saying sorry and left. Her donut was faced down on the ground mixing with the dirt on the sidewalk. She sighed out of disappointment and threw away the donut in the trash the rats were now fighting over.

At least her coffee was intact still. She made it back to her house and opened her laptop to go job hunting. Ever since she got rejected from being a swat member, her motivation to find work dissipated; she just needed a job that could get her out of her crappy apartment. The walls were tinted brown, and it always smelled due to her neighbor that apparently loved to bath in his own stench and didn't know what a shower was. Most employee reviews for different places said they had been treated terribly, or the building is nasty and falling apart. She was surprised her area wasn't very nice. Finally, she found one job listing at a tanning salon. The whole job was to greet customers, set them up in their rooms, do their tan, check them out, and clean up after the customer. Seemed easy enough.

She applied, and it automatically scheduled her interview. She closed her laptop and sat back in her seat, sighing as he tried to remember what made that man's face look so familiar. Maybe a friend's family member or someone who just had a generic face? She couldn't pinpoint it, but she knew she had seen him somewhere before or was familiar.

Meanwhile, Hondo was up and ready for the day Sunday, his day off. Well, his day off till he got called in, at least. While drinking his coffee, Hondo couldn't help but remember the weight of her in his arms when he held her. The way she used that perfume made him weak for her. Was it wrong to feel this way? Amelia seemed to hate relationships but chose to sleep in his arms. Maybe a friendship nap? He wanted to think her allowing him to hold her was more than friends. They had known each other for a while and had a close bond, so it shouldn't be weird, right?

Amelia got up, opening her fridge that was so empty that it looked like it could be out of a cartoon with flies coming out of it. She sighs in distress.

"I need to go shopping...good thing I have coupons," she left for the grocery store. Once she got there, she went straight to the fruit section putting peaches, and oranges in her cart. Then, reaching for an apple, her hand met with someone else's.

"Oh, sorry-" it was street. He looked tired. "Oh, street hey-" amelia put the apple in her cart.

Street perked up seeing amelia. "Oh, hey amelia, how've you been?"

"Oh, um, I've been good. I haven't heard from you in a while. what's been happening lately."

"Nothing much, just work and trying to get back out on the dating scene."

Amelia immediately when back to that night. Amelia standing under the moonlight rejecting street because she wasn't ready for a relationship with street. Though, she didn't know why she rejected him. The look on his face when he was told the news was even more heartbreaking. She felt bad.

"Oh, nice! got any potential matches yet?"

"No, not yet, but it's hard to find someone better than you."

"Oh, haha, thank you," amelia laughed uncomfortably

"Anyway, how is your life going?"

"Well, I'm job hunting. Trying to move out my apartment since it's pretty shitty... oh, me and Hondo have an 'I hate valentines day' annual tradition, so that's...nice..." Street's face only got more visibly sad as she continued to speak.

"That's nice. I hope you get the place you're looking for. I mean, you could always crash at my place."

"oh no, I'm good; the job I applied for will make me good money so that I can move somewhere else."

"Oh, alright, but if you need somewhere to stay im always open" street grabbed an apple and headed off.

Amelia checked out and sped home as fast as she could. She walked up the one flight of stairs to get to her apartment. She shuffled through her keys. Damn. Why couldn't she have a padlock on her door instead of keys that rarely work. She put each key in the door hold and could find the right one. One was for her mailbox, one for her apartment, one for her car, and one last one for her locker at the gym. She heard footsteps but just continued to fiddle with her keys. She finally tried all her keys except one that she put into the keyhole. All of a sudden, her body went limp, and she blacked out.

She woke up in a cold dingy room with water dripping from the ceiling. It looked like something like a dungeon. She stood, feeling the wet floors under her feet. She looked down at her body. Her clothes had been exchanged for more ragged-looking ones, and looking in ta only available mirror, her hair was cut. Cut so short it strayed out like she just got struck by lighting. Her beautiful hair she worked so hard for is gone. She walked over to the dungeon bars, only seeing stairs leading up to a door with light shining through it.

"HELLO!'" She shouted desperately at the chance someone might hear her.

"It's no use, you know," a voice rang out from the dark.

Amelia gripped the metal bars "...Who are you."

"I'm his doll."

"His doll was, does that mean?"

" You'd know if you looked at me......For being a doll, though, I definitely don't look perfect. I look terrifying...."

"What's your name."

"I...don't know...with the number of drugs he gives me, I can't remember."

Amelia tugged on the metal bar violently.

"It's no use. I've already tried that"

Amelia paced back in front of her cell bars, trying to figure out how to get out.

"I've been her for 2 years and tried to escape, but I can't. So I've tried to find a loose brick or dig, and it's no use."

"No, no, there has to be a way out there has to-" tears started to build in her eyes as she palmed the walls for a loose brick anything.

"My life just started..."

"And now it's ended; welcome to the end of the rest of your life."

"I- no...no...no...No...No...NO!...NO!...NO!"

Amelia collapsed on the floor and cried.