Chapter 23

I turned around in a flash spitting venom in my words. I never had felt this way with anyone in my life like I was feeling towards this arrogant man standing in front of me. Just because he had no reason to stop me from leaving and being his slave all my life he was going to ruin and tarnish all my memories of my childhood, of my loving father. The man who thought me hurting someone even if they hurt me was an act of violence. Forgiving them brings me closer to Allah. He had the guts to tarnish that man's name. My Hero, My role model.

"You mister, You have no idea what you are stooping to. You want to back this up on my family somehow just because now you have no reason to keep me with you and hurt me every single minute of the day possible". I pushed my fingers in his chest. The venom I was spitting was showing a clear effect. God the man I never thought could be hurt by the end of the world was showing hurt and pain clearly flowing in his eyes by my simple truth and what about the tainting of the image he was doing about my family.

"You know if you still keep me against my will in hereafter knowing I have nothing to be blamed, Ammi will never allow you to hurt me like this. Maybe that's why you are scared. The Mafia. Who kills before he asks. For him, the life of another person is nothing but a crushed will. He has to bow down and accept his mistake that he ruined an innocent life". His shirt was crushed under my tightly bound fingers. My rage knew no bounds. I wanted him to feel the pain. The pain he did to me. The pain I felt every second after meeting him. But no matter how much I try to pour the hatred in my words, they can never outrun the pain he left me to endure. To see another girl sucking off my husband's face.

"You are nothing but a skeleton of haunted souls, The souls you troubled, the souls you tortured, The souls you destroyed Talib". He looked expressionless like he expected nothing else than what he was getting from me. His eyes were intensely looking at me, slicing through my soul, feeling the pain I was going through because of him.

I was not done. I wanted more of the hurt he was feeing. I knew the emotionless face was just another way he tried to hid the fact that how much my words were hurting him. He was mafia after all. He never wore his emotions on his sleeves. He hid it well.

"You can't stop me. You will be alone all your life. All your life. And I am glad your father is not alive to see what monster you have become because trust me if he would have been alive, He would have regretted his life seeing you become a monster like this." I knew what effect it was going to have on him, after all, I knew his father was his painful link. I was shocked by myself that I could even use such words. He did change me terribly.

He pulled me close to him bunching fistful of my hairs in his hands bringing tears to my eyes.My scalp started burning due to the painful twist of my bare neck to his face. his breath was fanning my lips, he was like a lion roaring after claiming his land. His pulse was popping out of his neck with the anger he was trying to cage under himself. He wanted to avoid hurting me with his anger." Go ahead Talib hurt me more. that's what you do to people." my lips were moving to close to his lips. The urge to touch his soft lips was palpable. The anger was dissipating every ticking second I was close to him. The urge to wrap my arms around him and cry all the pain and sorrow I felt was immense. How can someone be your messiah and your monster at the same time? How can he hurt me but provide me with so much comfort? The pain in my scalp was a soothing reminder preventing me to close the gap. I pushed him with all the might I could muster. He took a step back, a little shock on his face with the enigma we two had together a few seconds before.

"You want to know if I was telling the truth than I am more than happy to prove to you how right I am." He turned around leaving the room. Once he left I wanted to run from the house before he came back but somewhere I wanted to know if what he said had any sense to it. He never lied to me. He hid that he knew I wasn't behind his father's death but he never lied on my face.

He entered the room carrying an Ipad. He frantically clicked on it trying to find something to show me. The look on his face next was a telltale that he found what he was looking for. He moved the screen towards me urging me to hold the screen and watch for myself. I looked at the screen scared of what was going to appear next. the video which was playing showed Talibs father's big mansion. There were people entering the hall, it looked like an important meeting was being held. Talibs father came out to meet a group of people.

There was a man who was surrounded by bodyguards. He shook his hands and he moved forward. My heartbeat was increasing with every growing second. I knew something was wrong. The people kept coming for another 1 minute every one bowing their heads at Talibs father than shaking it moving past the hall. The video recording was of the CCTV footage. I stopped breathing when I saw a man walked in with two younger versions of him on each side and 4 bodyguards walking with him. He laughed on a joke Talibs father cracked before patting him on his back. They looked like old friends working together for years of life. I dropped the iPad on the carpet shunned to move an inch. Talib moved towards me worried stricken. My body felt paralyzed to the place. All those childhood memories, he painted, it was an image of honesty and nonviolence.
My family betrayed me. The words were a slap to my face because I was blaming Talib for his work.
" You knew??" I moved my face sideways to gauge his emotions. I wanted to know if he knew this but he didn't inform me purposely so that he could use it at a time of advantage, like he did now.

He looked at me speechless. Knowing how much more It will hurt me once I knew he did this purposely. " You all are same Talib. You, my father. I am leaving and this time I will make sure my father answers all the questions. I don't want to be anywhere near men like you and him. You people play with others peoples feelings and toy with them like they mean nothing to you."

I pushed him aside taking my coat and leaving my luggage on the ground. I knew I wasn't going stay with them anymore and I wasn't going to stay here which was for sure. But I needed to confront my loving caring fucking family before I left Talib for good.

I ran down the stairs walking towards the main door wanting to confront my father as soon as possible. He tainted my whole life. My entire life was a sick pathetic joke. He send me away to med school not for me to become a doctor but for me to leave him while he conducts his business in peace and keep his only daughter in darkness. I heard frantic steps coming behind me. I stopped and turned around knowing only one person would come running behind me.

" You can't stop me Talib. I will not stop at anything." He looked helpless like he commuted a bigger mistake by informing me about my reality which was a complete lie. He wanted to stop but the determination I had I knew no one would be able to stop me today.

"I am not stopping you. I can't stop you. I just want you to take Adlab with you. Please don't say no. You are related to the biggest mafia in the city. No one will care about what relationship we have with each other." He was begging me. I never imagined Talib begging. It was like another man altogether. The man standing in front of me wasn't mafia. He cared for someone deeply. I didnt wanted to know who it was. The answer was frightening.

" I will. But that's the last time I am ever listening from you." He looked at me inching little closer walking baby steps. He wanted to touch me. Maybe give me a hug. But his face, oh his face reminded me of my charred life.

"STOP, don't come any closer than you are. You are no better than my lying father. I hate you with my life. And I wish," I paused looking at his face memorising was every nook and corner. It didn't take a genius to know I loved this man standing in front of me. This man was my destruction my weakness. But the pain right now was too unbearable to wait. Take a chance. Meet him again. Take a walk. Give him a chance to love like I wanted to be.

I needed this to be done. So I did it.
"I wish Talib, I never met you in my life. Bye" I will never forget the man standing midstep frozen with a single tear dropping from his eye betraying the mafia that stood in front of me. He stood stilled allowing me to seek the answers I deserved. The man who did change but he changed when it didn't matter to me anymore. It was the nailing stone on us.
****************