Chapter 21

Sharia POV

Ammi left by mid-afternoon after promising to meet me as soon as possible. They were planning a big celebration once Sara returned. She will be completing her majors in Archeology. Ammi wanted to throw a big party for her return before she goes ahead with her job. She will be traveling to remote sites all around the world for her work with old demolished sites.

I was really happy for Sara. I wanted to congratulate her because I knew I will be long gone from Talib by the time she returned back for her new phase in life. She was like my sister just like Lisa was.

I thought to wait for Talib and my nerves about finally getting out of this place were taking a toll on my stomach. I didn't want to leave the porch in case Talibs car arrived at any time. Shailene insisted for me to have lunch multiple time but it was practically not possible as I was in so much jitters. I had a long speech prepared in my mind for Talib once he arrived on how I will inform him about Dr. Wells the main culprit of the entire scenario.

The afternoon turned into the evening but there was no sign of Talib. I was patiently waiting for him. I wanted to talk to him today no matter what. I didn't want to delay any longer than this. The thought of staying here any longer as a prisoner was not getting registered in my brains. The face of Talib flashed in my eyes, his soft eyes when he looked at me, unaware that I could feel his presence on me in the presence of a thousand people. His eyes were electrifying when he looked at my face. Deep into thought, intense making the hairs stand at the back of my neck. I wondered how could such a ruthless man has such an effect on me. Almost like strong passionate chemistry between us. Only, I didn't want to see his face any longer than I had to anymore. Or maybe I did. It wasn't hard for any girl to go crazy on Talib with his sharp razor looks, Devilishly handsome personality. That party once we went together even then the girls had a pretty hard time concentrating on their partners once we arrived. but it also reminded me of seeing him wrapped up with the girl all around his body. When it should have been only me and just me. Maybe if we would have met in some other scenario where he wasn't mafia and I wasn't someone he thought had killed his father, maybe then we would have been something else. But destiny is written there is no longer anything both of us could do to change it. it was never possible for me to even think of forgiving him about the things he made me suffer. the most important as taking me away from my dad. Making me ashamed in front of my amazing father who is such an honest, simple man. I will never forgive him for terrorizing my entire family in front of me. We belonged to a simple family who never had witnessed anything like Mafia.

Flash of bright lights on my face broke the chain of thoughts I was having, bringing me back to reality. It was Talibs car coming into the driveway, I checked my time to see it was already 12.00 am. I didn't realize I was sitting out for so long but now that he was here I didn't care a bit about the wait of an entire day for him to come home.

The car door opened and Talib stepped out, It was dim outside where his car had stopped. I was trying to make out his face but it was invisible. I felt he staggered a bit once he was completely out of the car but it was a very tiny second making me wish if it was even real or my miscalculation.

I walked ahead a little wanting to get a clear view but the next scene that greeted me was a complete shocker. I had never seen anything so terrorizing in my entire life. Talib had bloodshot eyes, his clothes were completely tattered, he had a blood-soaked body. To think that the blood belonged to him froze every fiber of mine. I stood stilled paralyzed unknowing what to do next.

Help him or run as far as possible from this monster because that blood on his body can be of someone innocent too. He was capable of something like that and I had seen it myself. He moved forward walking slowly deep in thoughts. he had not seen me yet standing so close to him making me think if there was still time to get away from this monster now but the thought that I might be insinuating the worst made me move ahead and hold his hands for support. he shook off the reverie he was in and made eye contact with me looking lost as a deer in a headlight.