Chapter 72- One Step Ahead

"So? How was it?" Sonakshi asked Annika they had their lunch the next day.

"Great! The venue is stunning!" Annika smiled between her salad. "The ivory-blue theme will go perfectly."

"That's good to know but I was actually talking about Shivaay's solo babysitting session." Sonakshi bit her lip and Annika chuckled with a nod.

"I think it went great-

"You think?" Sonakshi frowned making Annika shrug.

"Yes, I mean, no one complained about last night. I was totally expecting Shivi to come to me and cry that Mr SSO is the baddest man because he didn't let me watch TV or play with clay." Annika said with a sigh. "But I was more worried that she'll come up to me and say that Mr SSO is the bestest because he let me eat ice-cream two times and we had cheesy pizza for dinner!"

"You're weird." Sonakshi laughed. "But I understand, you wanted a neutral response and you got it."

"Yes! I didn't want Shivaay to be too strict or too lenient." Annika told her friend. "And I am damn surprised that he was neither, he was perfect!"

"You don't look very glad about that-

"I just think, what if this is too fast-

"And I think this is going way too slow!" Sonakshi exclaimed, shaking her head. "In the time you have met Shivaay and come to this...comfort level, Vikram and I conceived and gave birth to a brand new kid. Learn from us!"

"Sona-

"What Sona? Annika, look, we support you. Take whatever decision you want! We all are waiting for you. You know Shivaay has changed, he's ready to move here, Shivi likes him so much, make some decision." Sonakshi said and sighed. "You know, we are worried for you."

"What? Why?" Annika frowned as her friend looked at her.

"We think you are taking a lot of stress regarding...all of this." Sonakshi answered. "We may be wrong but that's what we think."

"Sona, you know I am taking it slow-

"And you should, by all means, but...have you thought...what if you're taking it too slow?" Sonakshi said and Annika gulped. "Honey, I know you're scared. And it's okay."

"Sona, I know you guys worry about me all the time." Annika smiled. "And you know what, I am ready. I am ready to take this relationship forward."

"Wow, that's great Anni!" Sonakshi gasped. "Omg, wait let me tell Vikram-

"I knew you would." Annika sighed with a chuckle. "Do you guys have any secrets from each other?"

"Yeah, yes. I never told him that whenever I give him ice cream, I eat two spoons from it and he never told me, but I know, that he irons my clothes when I am getting late." Sonakshi grinned and Annika tried to stop from laughing out loud.

"That's a path-breaking secret. Awesome." She said instead and laughed at her cute friend, who was already texting her husband about the latest development happening.

And this development was a big one. To tell Shivaay that she was finally ready to actually do something concrete about this relationship was going to be easy and difficult, both. Easy because she knew he would immediately shift to London, without any delay and difficult, because she knew she was asking a lot from him through this decision; to leave his family, his home, his brothers. Although it was his decision to take, still, it was ultimately her for whom he was doing this.