Chapter 51- Wait what?

"At last." Shivaay said as they said bye to Rudra, Soumya and Rumya after their hour long breakfast.

"What at last?" Annika smiled softly, very well knowing what he meant.

"At last...the deal's done." He said and turned to face her.

"Right." She said with a discreet smile, not looking at him.

"So what do you...want to do?" He asked, putting his hands in his pocket and looking around.

"Why do you think I want to do anything?" She asked, still not looking at him.

"Don't you?" He said and stared at her with his captivating blue eyes and she gulped.

"Yes I...have to go back to the office." She said and turned when he held her hand to stop her.

"Annika-

"Shivaay." She said curtly and looked back at him. "I...have to tell you something."

"I am here." He said with a smile and she cleared he throat.

"I...met someone." She said and he frowned. "Ten months ago."

"What do you...what do you mean?" He asked, shaking his head.

"His name is Jacob. We met at a pub-

"What are you talking about?" He asked, not understanding.

"We talked...we clicked...I mean, it's still quite new and we are working on it but it's going pretty good and I like him...a lot." She said and his face paled a bit. "Don't be mad."

"I am not mad...I am...why are you telling me this now?" He asked, his heart beating fast.

"I didn't want to tell you on text or call-

"So you waited ten months to tell me?" He asked, laughing sarcastically.

"I...had to. It was-

"Then what was all that? Those messages, those-

"It had nothing to do with this. They were friendly messages, like friend's text each other and share things-

"Are you telling me that I waited ten months for you to tell me that you...I can' believe it!" He said and she frowned.

"I told you I may not say yes and yousaid okay, you said take your time and now you are blaming me for-

"I am not blaming you-

"Then what are you doing?" She asked, pissed. "Fine. Whatever. I'll see you tomorrow."

Saying so, she left Shivaay standing frustrated and feeling defeated.

-

"You what!?" Sonakshi shouted on the phone as she struggled to get her files in order at the hospital.

"I told you I-

"You lied to him Anni...why?" Sonakshi shook her head in exasperation.

"I just wanted to...irritate him...play with his head." Annika shrugged sheepishly.

"And how did that go?" She asked, shutting the files and sitting back in her seat.

"It was funny...for a minute...then he started getting pissed and-

"Oh I wonder why! It's not as if the woman he loves allegedly admitted to having an affair with another man while she claimed she was giving them a chance-

"I never agreed that I was going to give us a chance-

"That's not the point Annika!" Sonakshi said loudly and stood up.

"Whose side are you on Sona?" Annika frowned and got up as well.

"You both are on the same side! You both want the same things, don't you?" Sonakshi asked and Annika closed her eyes.

"So what should I do?" She asked and scratched her forehead.

"Tell him the truth that you met Jacob at the pub because Vikram introduced him to you so that Jacob can become your lawyer for the partnership. Tell him that Jake is a lawyer and not your boyfriend!" Sonakshi explained slowly, word by word.

"Fine. I'll tell him later. Tomorrow." Annika said and sat down.

"Why tomorrow?" Sonakshi shook her head.

"Because I want to have some fun. Bye." Saying so, she cut the call leaving Sonakshi irritated at her childish friend.

--

Shivaay was angry and upset when they reached Annika's office the next day with his family and Mr Evans. He didn't even want to talk to her but had no choice, he wasn't the one to mix his professional and personal lives. And anyways, this was Rudra and Soumya's business, he had just accompanied them to see Annika and what did she do? Tell him that she had started seeing someone else while he was in India, waiting for her answer. Well, now he had her answer.

As soon as they reached the office, he could see her smiling, talking to some tall, British man. For a second, he was lost in her, looking so pretty in a full sleeved red top and a navy blue floral patterned pencil skirt. But his focus was broken when she touched the man's arm and laughed loudly, leaning slightly towards him with her cheeks pink.

"Hmm." He cleared his throat loudly as they walked in and Annika looked at them.

"Oh, you guys are early!" She said and walked to them, the man followed. "Hi Rumi!"

She took Rumya in her arms and rocked her while the strange man looked at them with a chuckle and came forward to play with the baby.

"Cute family." Shivaay heard Mr Evans say and rolled his eyes.

"Shall we start the meeting?" Shivaay said curtly and Annika looked at him before handing Rumya to her nanny.

"Of course." She quipped and they walked inside, even the stranger.

"I would like you all to meet Jacob Adley." She said and Shivaay's head turned to them with such force that Annika swear she heard a crack. She gulped and cleared her throat. "As Jacob and I were discussing the files last night-

"Why were you discussing our files with your...a stranger?" Shivaay frowned and Annika sighed.

He couldn't believe it. She brought her boyfriend in their meeting and even discussed contents of confidential documents with him?

"Jake...is my lawyer." She said and Shivaay frowned as Jacob nodded.

"What?" Shivaay said and she looked at him.

"What?" She said and Soumya sensed something was going on.

"So you and your lawyer discussed." She started the meeting. "Did you come to a conclusion?"

"We did." Jacob nodded and opened a new file. "We are ready to sign, are you?"

"We are." Rudra nodded as he looked at Mr Evans.

They exchanged files and signed. Jacob smiled at Annika as she looked excitedly at him and Shivaay sighed in frustration as he looked at them.