Chapter 24- Family Time!

Chapter 24

November 2021

London, UK

"Sona!" Annika shouted as she entered Sonakshi and Vikram's place. The strong smell of spices floated in the air and Annika frowned, gritting her teeth.

"I had told you na that I will make the dinner today? Then why are you bothering?" She scolded her friend as she closed the door behind her, keeping her bag on the shelf in the entryway and removing her heels while wobbling on one leg each time. Once free from her three inch heels, she almost ran towards the kitchen and stopped in her tracks as she entered the hall. Sona greeted her with a straight face, sitting quite comfortably on the couch with a book in her hands and a bright carmine pink blanket wrapped around her.

"Why are you shouting?" She asked and Annika frowned.

"You are...I smelled...Sona..." She couldn't complete her sentence and Shivi came running from behind her.

"Mumma, you are back!" She screamed and hugged her mother with such force that Annika almost fell.

"Yes baby, I missed you so much! What were you doing?" She asked, sitting on knees.

"I was helping Sid and Viks in making salad!" She shouted dramatically and Annika laughed in confusion.

"Salad? What?" She asked and looked at Sonakshi, who shook her head and laughed.

"I know that you had promised to make dinner tonight but my patidev and devarjibeat you to it. They are currently in the kitchen and the kitchen is undergoing the process of destruction." Sonakshi said and smiled when Vikram came from behind Annika.

"Please Sona, we are going to make the best dinner ever. Just wait until you taste it!" He said as he hugged Annika.

"Babe, I know you will do great. It's Sid I am worried about." Sonakshi said with a pretty smile and looked at Annika to explain herself. "Sid has taken the humongous responsibility of making the main course and I am very concerned."

"Excuse me! I can hear everything, you know?" Siddharth shouted from the kitchen.

"I know." Sonakshi shouted back and Annika laughed, sitting on the sofa as Vikram went back in the kitchen.

"Mumma, just wait!" Shivi said suddenly and ran inside the kitchen, coming back a minute later with a huge glass of water in her tiny hands. As she walked very carefully and very slowly, Annika giggled and waited for her daughter patiently.

"Here." Shivi said softly as she, very carefully, handed the glass to her mother.

"Thank you baccha, come sit here with me!" Annika said but Shivi shook her head.

"No! I have to help Sid and Viks. I promised them." Shivi said in a determined tone.

"It's okay Shivi, you can sit now." Sona said with a grin but Shivi shook her head and waved her forefinger from left to right.

"No, I no break promise. Mumma says breaking promise is bad and I am a good girl." Shivi said and ran back in the kitchen but not before kissing her mother as Sona looked at them with love.

"Oh God, girls are so good!" Sona groaned and Annika laughed. "I had always wanted a girl but I got three boys in my family! And all three are so damn stubborn! I wish this one is a little miss!" She said in a whiny tone and rubbed her palm on her stomach.

"And I wish your wish comes true!" Annika said and sat in front of Sona, rubbing her feet as Sona moaned in pleasure.

"What the hell is happening here?" Vikram came running from the kitchen as soon as he heard his wife's loud sighs.