Chapter 48- To London, with love

One year later

"I hope she'll be okay." Soumya said as she bundled up her little daughter in woolens. "What if she catches a cold?"

"She'll be fine." Jhanvi said, shaking her head. "You'll take good care of her!"

"But Maa, I'll be alone, how-

"Shh! Who said you'll be alone?" Rudra frowned as he walked down the stairs with their luggage. "I'll be there, Shivaay bhaiya will be there and Kaki maa too!" He said, referring to Rumya's nanny.

"But...Kaki Maa is not Maa or Choti maa or Dadi or Gauri Bhabhi-

"Uffo devraniji,you take too much tension!" Gauri sauntered in the hall. "When I offered to come with you, you said no and now you are-

"I said no because you have to prepare for your final exams and I don't want to distract you from studies." Soumya pouted.

"I am all prepared, I won't be distracted-

"Really? Okay then if the ratio of the corresponding sides of two similar triangles is 1:3, then what's the ratio of their areas?" She asked suddenly as Gauri looked at her.

"I will...answer that once I have a paper and pen." She nodded and ran inside to get the things.

"Are you all ready?" Shivaay walked in, buttoning his coat. "Is my Rumya ready? Oh she's looking so cute! Come her to Big Bade Papa!"

Shivaay cooed and took his niece in his arms, who giggled and immediately poked her tiny finger straight into his eye.

"Ow!" He gasped as Soumya laughed and Rudra took Rumya in his arms.

"Looks like she is deeply fascinated by the blue orbs you call eyes." Rudra said and Shivaay chuckled, rubbing his eye.

"And she's exploring them...by poking them!" Om laughed loudly, munching on a rolled aloo parathaespecially made for Soumya.

"I believe so too, she has done this a hundred times since she was born." Tej said as he walked in with a bunch of files, followed by a busy Shakti on his phone.

"Dad, you guys are home early." Soumya said, looking at the clock saying three-forty pm.

"Well, you guys were leaving for London and I hadto see off my granddaughter. Didn't I?" He all but fussed over Rumya, taking her in his arms. "Oh I am going to miss you so, so much! Dadu is going to miss you! Ale ale la la coo coo!"

"When he talks like that, I get tensed." Rudra said. "I can imagine the headlines, Tej Singh Oberoi heard talking gibberish. Mental asylum called."

"Shut up Rudra." Om and Shivaay said together.

"Okay can we leave now?" Rudra said, shaking his head. "We are going to miss the flight."

"We are going in a private jet Rudra. No need to worry about missing the flight." Soumya said and he sighed.

"Damn it why are we so rich?" He said dramjatically and Soumya chuckled.

"Wait!" Pinky quickly walked in the hall, with a puja thali in her hands. "Jeth ji, hold her tightly."

Saying so, she walked around Rumya twice, muttering some mantra and then tied a black thread on her leg.

"Don't remove it. It wards off evil eyes." She said, with teary eyes.

"Choti Maa, are you crying?" Om asked, surprised.

"Of course I am." Pinky sniffed. "My granddaughter is leaving for a month. This house is going to be so silent without you all. Soumya, take care of yourself, don't wake up too late. Tell Kaki maa to take care of Rumya if you don't feel fine, after all we pay her good. And Rudra, take care of yourself and...Shivaay's too."

"Yes Chhoti Maa." Soumya nodded and wiped her tears. "We'll Skype everyday."

"You better." Jhanvi said with a smile, walking out of the kitchen with a small bag in her hands. "Here's Rumya's lunch and dinner."

"Yes Maa, we will. Promise." Rudra nodded, taking the bag. "Now can we go?"

"Yes, we shall." Shivaay nodded.

"Where's Kaki Maa?" Rudra asked, looking around.

"She's already waiting outside, we saw her." Shakti said.

"1:9!" Gauri ran back in the hall. "The answer is 1:9 Soumya!"

"What?" Soumya frowned.

"If the ratio of the corresponding sides of two similar triangles is 1:3, then the ratio of their areas is 1:9." Gauri said proudly and Soumya grinned.

"That's correct." She said and sighed. "I should have asked you this before."

"It's okay. You are going to be fine!" Gauri said. "Want me to come drop you off to the airport."

"Yes please?" Soumya made a sad face and Gauri nodded with a smile.

"Okay then, I'll also come." Om said and took out his keys.

"If you are taking your car then I'll also come." Jhanvi said, fixing her already perfect auburn saree. "Is my saree okay?"

"I am also coming." Pinky said excitedly. "I will go to the temple while coming back as well."

"We'll also come then. We already came home; we may as well see you off too." Shakti said. "What do you say Bhaisaab?"

"I say what are we waiting for? Huh, what are we waiting for, right? Ale ale oho oho!" Tej said, rocking his granddaughter in his arms, who was now laughing without a care in the world after listening to her grandfather talking to her.

"Here he goes again." Rudra sighed dramatically. "Mom, this is serious-

"Let's go!" Shivaay said loudly, shaking his head with a chuckle. "People will think you all are in a vidaai ceremony."

"Let people think what they want." Shakti said as they all walked out of the mansion towards the cars. "When have we cared what people say?"

"That's true! We don't care what people say! Okay Rumya? We don't care what people say, oho yes yes, arey arey coo coo!" Tej talked to Rumya as she looked at him with wide eyes, as if really understanding his teachings.

"That's it, I can't let him talk to my daughter like that!" Rudra said, shaking his head animatedly. "I am getting scarred for the rest of my life. She'll be coming in our car with me!"

"Rudra!" Soumya called her husband in a sweet tone and winked, not so discreetly, at him. "Want to sit in the back of the car...with me?"

"Uhh...you take her with you Dad, we'll meet you at the airport." Rudra said with a huge smile and almost ran to the car where his wife was waiting for him.

Soumya giggled and everyone laughed as Tej walked happily in his car with Rumya, with others taking their seats in four different cars, driving towards the airport.