"Ya don't need to tell me," he sighs. "What about his poor spiky.."

"He brought this on himself."

"Whatever," he shrugs, but I can see the confusion and worry in his icy blue eyes. Probably concerned for Cloud. Don't worry, Cidney. You're not the only one.

"Well, just one more to go!" Kadaj says too cheerfully and flops back on my bed. Not even thirty seconds later, Cloud bursts in.

"Yuffie, what...!"

"I can't do this anymore," I snap at him. Don't trust me. "The death thing, I can't... You're driving me insane!" Don't listen to a word I say. "You just go on and on... You don't talk to me about anything, you don't care, I can't..."

"Of course I care!" Please see through the lies.

"No, you don't! You want to freaking die and leave the kids behind and..." There's only one way to go about this... "You know what? Why am I getting on you about lies?" I grit for good measure. His eyes widen and he shakes his head.

"Yuffie, please..."

"I never loved you. I just... I needed a suitable and naive person to present to my father to keep him from bugging me and... You were there. You were so weak, you still are. So naive and stupid," I laugh darkly. Don't let me go.
I want to hold him tightly and cry, beg for him not to believe anything I'm saying. I'm lying, he has to know that! Right? When his heart breaks, mine snaps too. I can't lie to him like this, forcing myself to hurt him. It's something I promised him I'd never do.

"Go on," Kadaj mocks.

"Yuffie, stop it!" He demands. "You're lying!" Yes, you've got it. Just keep that attitude!

"Even now you're too desperate to realize it," I keep going, zipping my bag up. "There never was an us. It was you and me not being brave enough to tell you when Denzel was around because the brat would kill me. Honestly, I don't know how you couldn't tell on your own."

"This isn't like you," he says, still hanging onto that hope that I'm still with him. Keep holding on.

"This isn't like me? Cloud, you never knew me. You new a fake face that I put on to use you." I'm fighting the tears too, Cloud.

"So what? You just want to get a divorce or something?"

"Preferably," I shrug, leaning against the wall with my arms crossed. I can almost hear that delicate heart of his snap in half, the dangerous and sharp shards piercing his insides. One tear. Two. One more.

"Yuffie, please tell me you're lying. If this is a joke, it's not funny," he begs me.

"I'm being honest and, no, it's not funny." Don't believe anything, okay? I love you, you know that. I move around him with my back and head toward the kitchen. Kadaj follows behind Cloud, who's desperately trying to think or something to say that might bring me back.