Chapter Twenty Three

On the way back to my apartment in Lebanon, I barely spoke. It was a good thing Hannah was so excited to be a mom that she did most of the talking. I knew she was really scared to tell Morgan, and she had every right to be. I wasn't going to tell her that I was scared too.

When we got to the apartment, Morgan was already there. As soon as I saw him, I leaped into his arms.

"Baby!" He says.

"I missed you" I say. He sat me down and looked at me.

"Baby, I was on my gone for 12 hours" He says.

"I don't care. That's too long" I say. He smiles and kisses me again. Then he finally saw Hannah behind me.

"Han, what's up?" He asks and hugged her too.

"She's gonna stay for dinner" I answer.

"Great. We always love company" He says. She smiled.

"Good" She says.

"Well, I just ordered a pizza, and salad. It should be here soon, but I'm going to jump in the shower real quick" He says. I nod before he disappears in the bedroom. Hannah and I sat down on the couch.

"Cal, I'm scared" She says. I swallowed hard. I didn't tell her not to be, because I was right there with her.

"How are you going to tell him?" I ask 

"I don't know. I hadn't thought about that" She says.

"Well, I...I wish I could tell you what to do, but...I don't know" I say.

"You're scared too...aren't you?" She asks.

"Yeah" I say quietly. Before she could say anything back, Morgan walked out of the bedroom. He always took quick showers.

"So, what's been goi-".

"I'm Pregnant!" Hannah blurts cutting hin off.

"Hannah!" I say. 

"I'm sorry. I just... I got nervous and it just came out" She says. Morgan looked at us both with a shocked look. Then a smike appeared on his face.

"Han, that's awesome! Oh, my god. A baby!" He says and hugs her. She faked a smile, and so did I. "You just be real early on. I didn't even know you had started seeing anyone new, but holy hell that's awesome. Baby, isn't this amazing?".

"Y-Yeah" I say.

"Uh, Morgan. I-I'm not seeing anyone. I'm seven weeks" She says. He raised an eyebrow.

"What's that mean?" He asks sitting down. She sat across from him. She looked at me with a look like she was asking to be saved.

"Uh, Babe. It means that...It means that the baby was conceived in July. July 4th" I say. He looked like he was in disbelief.

"But, that means that-".

"Morgan, it's...it's yours" Hannah says. Tears had fell from her eyes and began to form in mine. Morgan sat there and stared at her.

"I...don't know what to say" He says.

"I'm sorry, Morgan. I-I'm not on the pill and we never took any precautions, so I guess we should've been safe" She says.

"Yeah. Um, are you...going to keep it?" He asks.

"Yes. There's no questioning that. And I hope you don't ask me to do the opposite" She says. He shook his head.

"No! No, I'd never. I just...I want to make sure everyone here is okay with this" He says and looks at me. "Babe, are you okay?".

"Yes. I'm fine. And I'm happy" I say. He nods.

"Han?".

"This is my baby. Of course I'm happy" She says. He nods again.

"Okay, well... I'm happy too. We may not be together, but if I'm the father, then I'm going to be the best one I can be" He says. A huge weight was take off my chest, and I'm betting the same could be said for Hannah. "And, Cal. We're getting married and this baby is going to be just as much yours too".

"Yeah, it is" Hannah adds.

"Now, Hannah. You call me for every doctors appointment, anytime you're sick, and everything else in between. I'm going to do this dad thing right, and this kid is going to be the luckiest one in the world" He says. "I said today o didnt want a kid anytime soon, but God had different plans,  and that's okay. We're all okay".

Hearing him say that was such a relief. I really thought he would be pissed, but now I was excited to watch him grow into a father.  There was one thing that had been true about Morgan since the day I met him. Life with Morgan Wallen was always an adventure.