30 - Christmas Tree Chop

I nearly dropped my coffee when, on the first morning of his stay, Draco strutted into the kitchen dressed in a pair of low hung grey tracksuit bottoms.

And nothing else.

"Draco!" I hissed, holding my hand up in front of me, trying not to look directly at the taut, toned stomach - and far too much of his pubic region that was on display. "Put some bloody clothes on!"

He released a soft, low chuckle. "Don't act like you've never seen it before, Potter."

"Our sons could walk in!" I cried incredulously, "It's not appropriate. I don't like it. Get back upstairs and put something decent on. Right now!"

"Whatever you say, Potter," he chuckled again, before retreating back out of the kitchen.

Shakily, I took a huge gulp of coffee, trying to calm my racing heart. I started to wonder just what I had let myself in for.

Draco re-entered only minutes later, having thrown on a close fitting dark green t-shirt. I couldn't help but stare at him.

"What?" he asked, looking down at his attire, "something wrong - still?"

"No- no..." I answered slightly mollified, "it's just - I don't think I've ever seen you wear anything other than a suit."

And I didn't think I liked it. He was acting far too relaxed.

"Don't worry, Potter," he smirked, crossing the kitchen towards me. "I've got one ready to put on after I have my morning shower."

He didn't stop until he was right in front of me. I wondered what on earth he was doing as he leaned his arm up, my breath hitching in my throat as I caught a waft of his scent. He chuckled softly, grabbing a mug from the cupboard behind my head and stepped back, his eyes glinting.

"Just need a coffee, first."

*****

"I thought we could all go chop down a Christmas tree today!" I said brightly, clasping my hands together as I looked expectantly down at the boys all sat around my kitchen table.

Albus bit into his toast, shrugging his shoulders unenthusiastically. "Sure, whatever."

Draco looked up at me, horrified, his glass of orange juice paused halfway to his lips, "Chop down a Christmas tree?!"

"That sounds like it could be fun," Scorpius smiled at me, happily tucking into his pancakes.

Thank you, Scorpius. The only decent male in my house right now.

"Sounds more like servants work if you ask me," I heard Draco mutter sulkily under his breath.

"Well, I wasn't asking, I was telling," I bit, feeling slightly irritated. It wasn't easy to plan things to do with two teenage boys and a fully grown man who appeared to be stuck in his adolescent ways.

Draco raised his eyebrows, downed the rest of his orange juice, and wiped the residue off his top lip with the back of his hand.

"You know," he smirked, eyes glinting right at me, "you sounded just like McGonagall, then."

He ducked as a piece of toast went flying at his head.

Fuck you, Draco Malfoy.

*****

An hour later, we were all wrapped up against the elements, trudging down to the Christmas tree plantation.

"You know, I could have called my driver," Draco sulked, lifting the lapels of his overcoat to protect his face from the cold.