Toothless's Welcome

Start from the beginning

I started poking him again.

"Ow! Leave me alone!"

"No 'till you's answers I's qwestions!"

"Fine!"

"Who's you?"

"My name is Toothless."

"Tat's funny name, Miseo. Toothless. I's calls Deamcaseo! Nwext qwestion! Why's you hese?"

"I wanted to see Sky again, but she hates me!"

"No's you's wong! Mama wove you!"

"No, she hates me! She hit me like 100 times!"

"Wong, wong, wong, wong, wong, WONG, WONG! She WOVES you! She tells Auntie so! She's maded at you's. You's weft her! For's a year! Tat's wike 100 times longeo than's I's knows mama!"

The dragon had covered his ears but I could tell that he heard everything that I'd said.

"How old are you, hatchling?"

"How's I's know? I's wike oldeo than Shaowfost and Stadus! AND why's you's care! You's wants ta sweep a sweep a sweep! Sweepwings boing! I's wikes ta fie and fie! Mama's bes fieo in wold! Mama's fwastes fieo (fastest flyer)!"

"Who's your mama?"

"The dagon who's you's tells hwaes (hates) you's! Mama woves you's! She eally eally do's!"

Mr. Toothless's jaw dropped.

"You's funny Miseo. Toothless! You's shwould (should) sees you's face!"

"You're Sky's daughter?"

"Yes, Miseo. Toothless. You's nee's you's wistening eaeos (listening ears)!"

"Who's your father?"

"I's gwots no's fwather! I's gwot mama and Shaowfost and Stadus and Auntie Peace and Auntie Dwelta and Auntie Moon and Auntie Dwawn and Uncle Steake and Gand-mama Wagoon and Gand-papa Fost, Gand-papa Fost is a munninhea (muttonhead) and Gand-mama Vwalkwa (Valka) and Gand-papa Cwoudumpeio (Cloudjumper) and Auntie Heaher and Auntie Winsheaeo. I's gwots bigges famiwy(family)!"

"I've got to talk to your mom!"

"No's tells her you's sees me, pomis?"

"I won't tell her I saw you."

Toothless's POV

I walked into the cave and I saw Sky.

I tapped her gently on the shoulder, nothing. I did it again and she lept up pinning me to the ground.

Her eyes widened and she let me get up.

"Can we go for a flight?" I asked her. She narrowed her eyes and then nodded.

As soon as, we were out of hearing range of the cave she said, "What do you want, Toothless?" She sounded exhausted rather than annoyed.

"I wanted to apologize for leaving you. I am sorry. And I know this is no excuse for leaving you, I just want you to understand why I did what I did. So, I left because I didn't want to believe my brother was dead. You may not exactly understand what he means to me, but I love him. And I miss him and I didn't want it to end like it did and I'm sorry Sky. I missed you which is one of the reasons I gave up. I gave up because I missed you and hoping became too painful. I'm sorry for leaving you. Will you forgive me?"

I had looked down and when I looked up I saw her smiling at me. She nodded, "That was all I wanted to hear. I just wanted you to know how it felt to be abandoned. You know I'm shocked that Dreamchaser took it upon herself to tell you that I still loved you."

"Yeah, Dreamchase-"

"I knew it!" Sky shouted and tackled me.

"She's going to be sooooo mad at me!"

"Don't worry I'm not going to punish her. I love her too much."

When we got back to the cave we found Dreamchaser at the entrance with her tail swishing from side to side.

"Mama!"

We landed and Sky said, "Dream, this is your father, Toothless."

"Fwather? I's gwot no's fwather."

"Yes, you do, sweetheart. Everyone has a father."

"Evrywone?"

"Yes, everyone. And Toothless is yours."

"Okay, Miseo. Toothless you's can be's my's fwather! Wet's pway(play)!"

I looked at Sky for help, but she just sent me a sly glance and said,  "You better fly, Toothless, 'cause Dream's the fastest dragon I know."

"I'll get you for this," I whispered in her ear.

"Sure, you will." She responded in a sarcastic voice.

"Ha's you's it!" Dream hit me and then dove down.

I was about to get her when she barrel-rolled into the cave Hiccup always went into.

"Cheater!" I called after her.

"I's the alpa of the mountain! And you's the vwikwing(Viking) hatching!" She sang and I burst out into laughter.

"Where'd you learn that?"

"Mama!"

"Of course!"

"No's! Mama behwind you's!"

I turned and saw that she wasn't there when I turned back around Dreamchaser was gone.

"Sneaky little dragon!"

I flew back to the cave expecting to get Sky's help to find Dreamchaser, but when I got there I saw that Dreamchaser was curled up against her mother.

"What!? How!?"

Dreamchaser yawned, "Mama tells you I's fas(fast)."

Sky smiled at me, "That I did."