38. I T I S A D A T E

IVY'S    P

IVY'S P.O.V

Chace's eyes are that of wonder and pride when I walk out of my bedroom. A wave of anxiety splashes in the inner walls of my heart, it has been a while since a guy has looked at me that way.

My hair has been curled at the ends bouncing as I walk. Chace's handsome face breaks into a smile and then laughs turning to the side, rubbing his eyes. He turns back to look at me, blue eyes glistening.

"Wow... You look- Wow."

Shoving his hands into his pockets I smile. He isn't looking bad himself. The crimson tuxedo he's wearing accompanied by a pair of white trousers,  matches my red satin top and white lace skirt, accentuating the slight tan  I received on my trip from the salon earlier.

Jaden suggested I get some light brown highlights as well. I wasn't down with the idea as I'm particular about chemicals damaging my hair. However, the stylist who was doing my hair assured me it wouldn't be fatal.

I was excited about my date with Chace. A year ago, when Chace and I went out for dinner we insisted it wasn't a date although it felt like one.

Now we don't have to confuse ourselves to know if it is an actual date or not.

"Oh my god you two," Jaden claps her hands with hearts in her eyes. "I'm so fucking proud of the two of you."

Chace rolls his eyes, shrugging his shoulders. "It's not a wedding Jay." A mischievous smirk tugs at his lips, noticing my brows dipping into a frown.

"Jesus, Ivy. My dick isn't ready to rock your vagina yet."

I lightly hit him with my clutch hiding my amusement. Jaden shoots him a glare and then points her icy gaze onto me, crossing her arms stepping forward.

"You had sex and didn't tell me?!" She yells, stomping her feet. Her eyes then widen with recollection, swallowing. "Oh my god. Oh. My. God. No"-  Jaden raises a hand in denial.

"This explains why I found a condom in my coffee. And the island was ... Oh, My Freaking Lord!" She looks at her raised palm, staring like it has been chopped off.

My eyes shut in embarrassment while Chace is enjoying Jaden's emotional breakdown, wearing a smile that reads 'karma is a bitch.'

'

      (The many expressions of Jaden Park 😂)

Jaden stomps off into her room slamming the door behind her. I give Chace a dirty look before we leave for our date.

"Right this way, Mr. Lambert." A young waitress in her early twenties approaches us, showing us to our table. The Palm is a beautiful middle eastern themed restaurant with rich blue lighting giving off a calm energy.

Two tables from where we are seated is a band playing songs in a language which I believe is in Arabic. The singer gives Chace and I a grin, going back to his singing.

"Welcome to the Palm. Because it is a special occasion for the two of you, the dinner is on the house. Don't worry about the receipt." The girl says before walking off to get us our food.

Taking my hands into his, he massages my fingers with his thumb before bringing them to his lips.

"We made it," he whispers. "We actually made it."

I smile, squeezing his other hand resting on the table. "No running away, no letters... which means we did make it. Not only did we make it... A year ago...we would've tried not to call this a date."

He laughs. "In my mind I called it a date. It's not a secret now."

I nod in agreement. "It isn't. Although Jaden knows it's not more than a secret."

Tilting his head back, Chace sighs cocking a brow. "You may try to haunt me but deep down its me who always ends up winning."

For a moment we stare at each other in complete silence, alluding the music playing in the background. I snort, causing the two of us to break into laughter.

I still can't get the image of Jaden finding a condom while sipping her coffee and rubbing her palms on the kitchen island to clean it up. Only in the morning did she figure it out.

The waitress comes with our food. The Hummus, Falafel, Babaghanoush look utterly appetizing. My stomach rumbles at the blood orange lemonade.

"Enjoy your meal." The waitress smiles, walking off to attend another table.

Chace raises his glass. "Ivy, I want to make a toast. No matter what happens I want to let you know that this time and that I'm going to be here by your side, I'll never leave you. We are in this together. For the long run."

"For the long run." I smile, my eyes getting misty.

Clinking our glasses, we prepare ourselves to devour the food, spending the night in harmony.