22. O V E R Y O U ? V R A I OU F A U X ?

IVY'S   P

IVY'S   P.O.V

I still feel I'm in my first year of college. Its amazing how quickly time can fly. I have one more year left, the fear of not knowing what I want to do next is eating me alive, I try not to think too much about it. Instead I think on how I did well in my exams, getting a CGPA of nine point eight is not a joke. I thought I was going to fail as my Political Science paper wasn't so good, my environmental science paper was even worse. Now that I think about it, I didn't know what stopped me from achieving great heights while I was in my last year of High-School.

There were far too many surprise questions that tricked your mind into believing your answers weren't satisfactory enough, the countless number of times I had to scratch and rewrite my answers again, the pressure was too much to take in. What was more pressurizing was the fact that the examiners kept reminding of what little time we had to finish writing our paper, I wanted to throw a desk chair on their faces. I honestly thought I was going to fail.

My mind took its time to recuperate from the stress that refused to go away, I recently took up Muay Thai as a stress reliever to get rid of the extra pounds I had piled on once my exams got over.

"Can you not rush me?" Jaden complains, scrubbing the remnants of scrambled eggs onto my plate, refilling my glass with grapefruit water. Jaden and I have become a lot more closer, managing to put aside our differences after what had happened between me and him. She has been nothing but helpful, staying true to her word. I didn't know her life was a lot more messed up than mine. Jaden comes from a wealthy family with a humble beginning, education is top priority.

Her parents divorced when she was seven. Like me, she never really had a father figure in her life. Her mother worked extremely hard, sacrificing a lot for the family, there were times where they would go to bed hungry, filling their stomachs with water. The only difference is, her father recently showed up wanting to make amends for the lost time he never made for Jaden and her brother, Brandon.

My father didn't bother to give the love a wife and a child deserve. I'm not sure if I should call my father a "Father" because he was never one. "It wasn't healthy for me to hate him. Yes I was angry, I wanted to say spiteful things to him as I believed it was my moral right to get mad at him for showing up nowhere out of the blue, in the hopes of me forgiving him," I remember Jaden telling me while eating dinner at Lester's. "But I never saw myself as someone being "Hateful". That's not who I am. This is who I am, the me you are sitting and talking to."

Jaden's words had an impact on me. I don't think I can ever forgive my father, for all that he did to mom. Who in their right mindset would leave in the middle of a serious midlife crisis, where a family member is dying from a disease that kills millions of people who want to be strong and live to see what the future, within a few years time, would look like? Seriously, who does that? Do I see myself as someone being hateful? I can't argue with that. I don't want to be since that isn't me either. My father was a hateful man who held many grudges against those who were extremely selfless and kind, it seemed to be he enjoyed that toxicity which surrounded him.

In a way, I am thankful he left. Hating because he left my mother when she needed him the most, is just a small part of it. The real reason I hate him? There's a darkness inside me that I feel hasn't awakened. I can feel it. Attending Yoga classes with Jaden, I'm hoping I have made the right decision. I want to be like her. Forgiving, appreciative and showing gratitude for what you have got.

Jaden was MIA as her brother recently came out of the closet, confessing he is gay. His mother readily accepted him, his father needed some time to process his confession.
Once again, Jaden's dad ended up being an asshole, never contacting the family again, how does she forgive him? Plus, her mother has made billions, I don't see a reason why Jaden's dad should support the family financially. He could've supported them as a family member, providing unconditional love.

"Your boss needs to learn how to chill," Jaden ties her hair into a messy ponytail, tying a bathrobe on her toned, slim body. I can't help but get jealous, catching a quick discrete glimpse of her enviable curves, waist and legs that are perfectly proportionate, complimenting each other. I need to work out twice this coming Friday and get my body back.

I hate college.

"You will be coming to the wedding, right?" Jaden's dark eyes glint with sadness, I can't imagine what she, her mother and brother had to go through. I give her a reassuring, genuine smile.

"Ofcourse I will be there," her brother is getting married within a couple of weeks. Since their father is out of the picture, Reed's father will be escorting Brandon down the aisle, also standing as the best man alongside Reed.
My mother has also pitched in, paying the finances. I hug Jaden.

"Why wouldn't I be? It is my duty as a roommate slash best friend, to support you in whichever way possible." Before diving into the formalities, I hug her again leaving for work.

Balancing work life and university life is equivalent to balancing two buildings on your shoulders. I took this job as a way to make me forget about he who must not be named 2.0.
It was when I walked into Adrien's room, I saw this as a learning opportunity to start gathering my shit together, converting them into cue cards that will help me recognize what my true passion is. My legs shake when I walk into the elevator. My fingers tremble, pressing the button to the seventy eighth floor. My teeth are chattering uncontrollably, I want to vomit.

From what I have heard about him, Adrien is not only a no nonsense CEO of a company that is slowly starting to takeover the business world, he is also an ethereally handsome, young man with vengeful brown eyes, he reminds me of Chace. Both are intense.

Both give concentration a good name. But is Adrien the type to run away when it comes to opening yourself to someone whom you naively assume to share a special parallel with? Is he the type to rip someone's heart out?

"You make me laugh Hurricane," Chace is leaning against the wall next to Adrien's office, his devious blue eyes shining with chaos.
"Am I really that boring?" He stands next to me, peering through the half open door.

"I have to work." I snap, clutching my bag tight. Chace clicks his tongue with disdain.
"I'm not getting a good feeling about this, Hurricane. I can hundred percent guarantee, you will be picturing me as that asshole of a C.E.O of yours without my pants on while I talk."

"Get out of my head!" I scream, my heels sharply clacking against the ground.
"What the hell is going on here?"
Adrien swings his door open, his angular face crumpling with revulsion. "Is this the way to behave in an environment, that is strictly professional, Miss. Torres?"

My cheeks burn with agonizing self loath, I wish if Adrien has an AK fifty six hidden somewhere, I'd be happy if he shot me with it. "In my office. Now." He warns, I follow him without any room left to think what excuse to give him.

"It's faux, which is false in French," Chace has his arm around my shoulder, lifting my chin to look intently into his devilish blue glare.

"I'm always going to find my way back, you are welcome to try again."