9. N I G H T M A R E S & D A Y D R E A M S

Thank you make_a_wish071 for the gorgeous cover !

Ivy's P.O.V

"Oh... my god..." the words meekly  escape from my mouth, eyes widening with horror.
I can't believe this is actually happening in front of me. "Babe... I ... I can explain," he says with equal shock, getting off the couch, hurriedly walking towards me.

I take a few steps back, blinking twice to see if this is all just another bad dream. A really bad dream. Swallowing with difficulty, bile rising up my throat, I raise a hand to stop him from uttering that dreadful sentence, which no girl would want to hear.

"How long..?" I croak, tears ready to fall. My eyes are burning, vision starting to get blurry. "How... Long ..?" I repeat, struggling not to stutter, clenching my fists as my fingernails dig deep into the depths of my palms. His dark-blue almost black eyes glint at the corners, fixing me with a hurtful expression, face crumpling with guilt.

"Answer me!" I yell, stomping my feet.

"Last week !"

The words forcibly roll out, raking a hand through his long, shoulder length brown hair. My heart suddenly stops beating, feeling a slight compression. I can't breathe. It's as if the entire oxeygen has been sucked out of me, leaving me with nothing but an invisible bullet penetrating through my lifeless soul.

"Is this what you meant?" I ask. "Is this what you meant when you said you were going through "Something sooo difficult?!"

Ethan turns his head to the side, unable to meet my gaze.

"Is it ?! Tell me!" I shout, pushing him behind. He tightly shuts his eyes, sniffing a bit. "You don't have the right to be crying in front of me! How dare you?!"

One year. For one goddamned year, I was made to believe that everything was my fault. For one goddamned year, I was the one who took full responsibility for all the stupid hardships that Ethan was facing. I was there when he needed me. And I was there when he not only manipulated, but had the audacity to threaten me into thinking that he would actually smash his face with a glass piece if I ever left him.