25. B L U E S & L A L A L A N D

I V Y'S  P

I V Y'S P.O.V

We gaze into each other's eyes, the air between us solidifying. I feel his vigor. Something kicks into the pit of my stomach, the tension getting thicker. I can feel him in every part of me, heat radiating through my veins. Chace is looking at me the way every girl wants to be looked at.

His attention is focused on my mouth murmuring, "do not move." His fingers inch up my thigh, sliding them deep into me, my heart bursting suppressed desire. Chace moves his other hand to hold mine up, his grip tightening around my wrist.

His lips are full of passion. Tongue, the familiar taste of nicotine and whiskey fill my mouth, moving it down to my neck. His teeth graze against my breasts, I pull at his hair moaning out his name. He releases his lips pulling back. Chace opens his mouth, I kiss him again, his tongue pushing into my mouth I suck on it softly. Fire explodes hungrily in my body.

I wake up with panic building in my chest. I run my hands through my hair which is damp with sweat, unlocking my phone to check the time. 

Six fifteen

Jaden is still asleep. Carefully getting up not making a sound, tying my hair into a loose bun, I switch on the heater before walking into the bathroom.

Closing my eyes I allow the warmth of the water to seep through my skin.

I feel him standing behind me, his toned arms wrapping around my hips, bringing them up to cup my breasts , lathering my wet body with soap. Resting his head on my shoulder blades, his lips are like pillows when he kisses it. Kneeling down, his mouth leave moist traces to my waist, leading them to my stomach, butterflies fluttering wildly.

My eyelids bust open, I run my hands on the places where I imagined him touching me. My collarbone. My shoulders. The inside of thighs. My arms. My face. My lips. Wrapping the towel around my damp body, I feel him clutching it forcefully with his fist, it falls to the ground. His eyes are filled with admiration and pride.

I shake my head vigorously, trying to focus on the time. Six forty five. Shit! I'm going to be fucking late. "Are you seriously working on a weekend?" Jaden sleepily calls out. "It's a Friday Jade. Saturday's and Sundays are my off days." It was a last-minute call from Adrien when he asked me if I was free this Friday. My shift is over by four, but I wanted to stay for long. I want to keep myself as involved as possible and not think about him.

This is the millionth time I'm hallucinating about Chace making love to me. It is something I can't openly discuss with Jaden. "Raincheck?"

"You look like a garbage woman." I roll my eyes , laughing at her less enthusiastic comment. "See you after four."

I make a stop over at Starbucks to grab a quick bite and some coffee. One for me and one for Adrien, who likes it black with no sugar with lemon added. I gulp down my breakfast without choking, running towards a cab that is parked on the other side of the road. I tell the cab driver where to go, leaning back against the headrest.

My first task of the day is to restock the documents in chronological order. Most people might find this task demeaning, I see it as a relaxation method for my brain. I'm good with numbers, so this shouldn't be a problem. I make myself comfortable by sitting on the floor, plugging in my earphones listening to "Knocking on Heaven's door" by Gun's and Roses. Within twenty minutes, I'm done.

Adrien furrows his brows. "That was quick," my breathing stops as he gets up from his chair, walking and stopping in front of me. His eyes are a luminous brown, decorated with flecks of green. His skin glistens under the sun, shining through the window.

"You really interest me, Ivy." His deep voice vibrates through the chilling silence of the room. His biceps flex, supporting the weight of his body with his arms placed behind him, his veins bolt straight to his arm, leaning against his work table. Adrien has on a black shirt with navy blue denims, his appearance is ready for a Calvin Klein shoot.

I jerk my shoulders to look back at his shouldering gaze. He is close to loosing his patience. "Do I intimidate you?"

I stammer. "N-no, not at all."

"Can you repeat it without your lips quivering?" Adrien's brows furrow with hard tolerance.

"Not at all."

"Do you remember what I told you on the first day I hired you? I said I don't like it when I have to repeat the same thing over and over again. How many ears do we have, Mrs. Torres?"

"T- sorry- I"- I struggle to respond. He is so close, his breath fans my face. Lifting a chin with the cuticle of his thumb, I try not to falter my gaze. "To the storage room. Now. Glenda will show you where it is."

I nod and head to the reception, covering my mouth with my face. Hot tears scald my face, I almost messed it up. The tone at which he spoke to me, the look in his eyes. This could be a trial, a test to see how well I can work under his domain where the pressure is strenuous, you can't think twice. You do the job first and then think later.

Carrying the boxes I place them on the ground, I start unpacking them. Adrien wasn't there when I came back, my mind drifts. His fingers interweave with mine, I don't feel the need to sense the suffocation I always have when entering Adrien's office.

I stare at the table.

I shift my gaze back to the half open box. The room is empty, the door is locked. My day wasn't a memorable one. He is angry, I watch the rise and fall of his chest, heaving up and down. His knuckles are bruised, the blood drying up after giving Adrien a taste of his own medicine. Lifting and pushing the contents to the floor, I am on my back, hair open, under his sanctuary.

Papers are flying around us, I melt.

Chace cups my face, rubbing his thumb over my jaw, I feel giddy. Placing my hand at the back of his neck, I pull him down. Gripping the back of my head with his right, his left encircles around my waist. Chace is irresistible. I gladly surrender to his dexterous cakehole.

I get my job done.