•5•

The hard and lumpy surface under Reijha did not serve well as a place for slumber, but the rest still helped. The cold and solid ground made his muscles and body sore. He stretched, and his belly made a low, drumming rumble. Food. Could that be easier to find here. Or has one beaten him too it all. He noticed long dark tunnels. One up ahead, and one that coiled to the right of him. It looked less travelled, so he decided on the latter. 

The walls came in closer, and curved downwards. He climbed fown into the depths and farther down it looked like... smoke? No, something else. He did not know what it was, but he felt more courageous then before,  so forward he trekked on. 

Darkness, chills. It all crept on the air. The lower he went, the denser it all felt. Thin white strings latched on to him, then fell apart. He swiped at the fine sticky threads with his paws as they grew thicker. They latched on him like a blanket, making him move slower. Definitely wasn't smoke. 

He pushed the webbing apart, and found his way into a larger room. The white, glue like substance hung everywhere. It stuck to the walls, and grew into thick masts on the roof above. Trees also hanged from the roof, and under the white threads was grass, or what appeared to be grass anyways. The room appeared to be turned upside down. With the ground up ahead, and a solid surface for the sky - well ground in reality , but of course everything had been flipped - Odd, really odd. The threads up ahead started to move. They jiggled about, like something was hiding beneath it. He heard a whisper. 

"Leave ussss... now" 

"You... don't... belong" 

Reijha shivered, as four red dots shined back from behind the white webs. More red dots appeared throughout, but not as big as the first he saw. The threads ripped open, and a strange and terrifying  creature slowly moved towards him, almost 5 times the size of Reijha. The creature hung by a fine string. Four red glowing eyes blazed back at Reijha. Eight long legs hung at its side. It's body was covered in thick, patchy black fur. A black paste flowed down two long pincers on its face. 

The creature made a gargling sound, as it lowered itself towards  Reijha. 

"Leave ussss... now" 

it's voice got louder, and more creatures like it appeared from under the threads. Smaller,  but just as horrifying. Reijha definitely was outnumbered, by whatever these things were. 

"What are you" Reijha asked, he was terrified, but refused to let it show. 

The thing swung around and landed on one of the upside down trees. It almost appeared like embers burned from It's head. Eyes glowing, then getting even brighter. they then dimmed again.

"I am called Dhevine, I am an Aracah." It's eyes glowed once more. "My dear Feigm, have you not seen my kind before. What, your fresh meat aren't you..."  

Dhevine crawled  down, well more like up the tree towards the mass of threads above. 

"Children, this one will be an easy kill."

"Letsss eats." He said with a hiss 

Dhevine attached himself to a large tree that hung right over Reijhas head. He turned his body around, and started to shoot thick strings from its bottom. They attached to Reijha's body, in quick bursts. They coiled around him, and tightened. The sticky web, became suffocating. Reijha found it difficult to move. The world around him became a haze, as his eyes grew heavy. His limbs felt weak, as the sticky strings wrapped around him tighter. He coughed up the remaining air, before blackness surrounded him, and weakness took over. 

A faint wail quivered in the air, followed by a louder one. He could breathe again. The top layer around his face started to peel open. Two eyes stared back. Feminine, like the lovely ladies back in town. These ones were different  though. One blue, one green. He still could not see the face from behind the webs, but those entranced him. He tried to speak, but only came out muffled. 

His saviour ran off, or for what seemed like a saviour. Reijha didn't die. Alive, because of someone, but who? His freedom was still faraway right now. His Cocooned body kept him immobile, he had to somehow wedge his way free. 

Wiggling  about made the threads come loose. His fall broke by a lard thump to his head. Once again a haze took over his vision. His head pounded, everything  came in waves. He heard scattering feet, but could not see where they came from. He could feel another wave coming on, almost sending him on his back. His legs wobbled, but he stood tall. He saw his blade on the ground, and stumbled towards it. It almost started to feel familiar to him now; a piece of him as he grasped his left paw around it. The cold steel sent a shock down his arm, waking him from the concussed euphoria.  

Some Aracah's skittered about the ground. Reijha ran towards one his blade sliced ghrough it, in one quick stride. A white goo splashed across his face, and on the ground below. He turned around, and his blade contacted another one.  Gussh the Aracah ripped open. 

The wailing sound again. 

It echoed back. 

Dhevine moaned from up above. His eyes found Reijha's, and burned back at him. He lifted himself down on a string. All eight legs wavered in manic circles. Reijha got his blade ready, but Dhevine's speed won over his own.He pushed Reijha back towards the wall. His pincers opened up, as he dashed towards Reijha. Reijha  rolled over, giving Dhevine a miss.  He stabbed the sizable Aracah through the head. White puss oozed out, and rusted up his blade, rendering  It useless. He had no choice now, but to find his escape.