•3•

Days felt like weeks, as weeks felt like months, as months felt like years. Reijha was oft wondering, if he would ever feel normal again. He sat himself on a large rock, as he sharpened the blade he won. The blade he won in a game of survival. He hasn't used it since much, slicing wood, cutting up, and hunting food. Reijha never used it on another Feigm yet, and hoped that he never had to. He definitely didn't seem to pleased with the fact, that blood of another already stained his claws

Reijha heard a slight rustle, to his left. Quickly he turned his head, and all his focus to his left side. Out of the bushes, a plump tree dwelling critter came out. It had a long tail that fluffed out at the end. The creature also had two pointed tufted ears, and little black, beady eyes. It's nose was a dark brown, and it shook back and forth slightly, as it took up Reijha's scent. It's chestnut colored, thick fur seemed to quiver, as it's body stood still. This forest critter stood about 1 foot tall on all fours, and doubled in size, as it stood on its hind legs. As it stood up, it showed it's underbelly. The creatures underbelly was a dark black, yet the fur seemed much finer, and softer then the hair around the rest of it's body.

Reijha watched the wood dwelling varmint, contently. He then wondered how it would taste. He never really knew where his meat came from before his unnecessary dismemberment. It would just be brought to his house, or bought in the markets. He knew it came from something, but that information was never rendered. Meat was meat, it was simply that. No one questioned it, as belly's grew hungry, food was needed, and meat was well favored.

Sometimes the meat felt tender, sometimes it was more stringy and fibrous. The taste that touched Reijha's tounge, always different from the last. It never mattered however, because meat was one edible, that was always well savored. Reijha had this immense feeling to hunt this creature, and know it's taste. He already knew he prefered the little flying balls of fur, to the one's that slithered, with a strange hard skin, as a coil of fur made its way down its long, sinewy, and limbless body.
Reijha has never eaten one of these land creatures. He probably has before, but not in the sense, that he knew where the meat came from.

Once again things surprised Reijha. He now felt that his own life was once infact so shielded. Many secrets lay, undiscovered. He never questioned what went on with the world around him. There was never any questions, as to where things, such as food come from. It had all been nothing, but day to day thing that just sort of happened. It was a normal way of life, and it never had to be questioned.

Reijha grabbed his blade, at the ready. The creature looked scared. Reijha's stomache cried out, and didn't want his old self to get the better of him. He had no choice but to hurt this thing. Kill it, eat it's flesh. He couldn't let this smaller animals emanation stop him from his kill.

That feeling of dread still took over. The creature stood there. It's body still as it's hair once again trembled, body like stone. Dark coal eyes stared back, their gaze cried horror. Reijha had to get over any remorseful feelings, as survival meant being a killer. He definitely knew that was for certain, as his tummy made a low grumble, and the pangs bit down at his insides.

Reijha then lifted his blade up high, and sliced down at the air. The blade then lodged itself into the creatures skull, as It made high pitched eek sound. He took one more swing at its head, it's bones crunched, and juices pooled out. The creatures frail body stumbled to the ground, now lifeless and no longer afraid.

Reijha now skinned the creature. The hairs were thick, and got stuck in his teeth. He then bit into it's flesh, and blood streamed down his chin, like warm, red streaks of drool. The meat was a little rough, but the center most parts where tender, and full of juicy blood. The meat had slight peppered taste, and Reijha tried to remember if he has eaten this animal once before. A slight moment of remembrance took over, and he remembered that his parents would have something just as tasty seldom, but often enough he knew he enjoyed it. This animal's meat was offered at a fair price, and wasn't as expensive, as the even tastier meats. He then wondered where he would find his favorite meats, the ones with that sweeter, even juicier taste.

After he finished his meal, he found himself a little parched. He made his way to a small stream, close by. He would of prefered a warm bowl of milk, but he had no idea, where milk even came from. Water would just have to do. Reijha went on all fours as his head went down low towards the stream. With his long, sandpapered tounge, he lapped up the water. It tasted a bit like dirt, and the green stuff that moved about the stream, gave it a disreputable taste. The green mucous also felt thick. Both the taste, and thickness made it harder to swallow the water without gagging it back up. Still water was needed to survive. Reijha would rather taste the gummous, unpleasant liquid, then die of dehydration.

It was going to take a great deal of time, to get used to all these unpleasantrys. Life threw a great curveball at Reijha, and everything turned a complete one eighty degrees.