•1•

It was never anything else but a story told by his Mother. Her tale's of beyond the walls were always grim, and filled with intricate detail. Sometimes Reijha just thought she was a natural born storyteller. He never would of imagined the things he heard to be real. Now though, here he was. No buildings, no smiles. Just trees, and empty looking lands. The night's left eye was nearing its way now across the purple and orange canvas that was above him. The right eye, as per usual appeared smaller, further out of sight, but still watching.

Hooded figures strolled down the gilded pathway. They walked aimlessly and without worry on both sides of the pathway, a sharp weapon in hand. They were a barricade to the Feigms between them, whom proudly and dominantly had a tail trailing behind them. 

Reijha felt an emptiness inside. He felt naked to the world, now that he could no longer proudly have his tail. He tried to look away, he could no longer fathom it. It was a like a backhanded slap across the face. A betrayal, a humiliation that he couldn't even cry about now. Even the tears were locked away from him by fear. His legs shook uncontrollably. He tried to breathe deeply, yet it seemed like every breath was a shallow gasp and all he wanted was a lungful of air. He tried again, to think of something happy.
To take his mind off the feeling of being completely alone, yet also utterly vulnerable. However it seemed like an impossible feat. 

He went back to his memories of being a young cub, nursing at his mother's teet's. His 3 siblings close by, nursing aswell. There eyes were now open. His mother lied there on her side, caressing her young, while they fed. Her soft, honey coated voice would be soothing, yet the tale itself, traumatizing to think it real. 

"We are the fortunate ones. We live in a world of stability, and protection. The bad guys, their all out there. They are not to ever set foot beyond the walls though. That means we are very safe, while under our lordships orders." His Mother would say, as young and enthusiastic eyes would open wide in awe. "The ones out there, the Nameless Ones. They would kill you without a moment of hesitation. They would cut you open limb from limb, and use your flesh as a condiment. They would also grind your bones to a fine pulp. Many of them live on solo, because joining a pack would mean having eyes in the back of your head. They are not to be trusted, even by their own. Selfish, chaotic, the whole lot of them," his Mother would say, and her tone would become darker. "They live for nothing but themselves, and what they can do to those who stand against them. They will do whatever it takes to gain their power over others. The Nameless ones. They are killers, thief's, rapists, sinners of all kinds.  There is none who does not fear them. And so we must stay within our wslls, or else one day we too might find ourselves as prey. I hope you understand, young cubs," she would say, stroking her young ones lovingly.

"You must obey our lords rules, to protect yourselves against any danger that comes your way.  This is a matter of survival. You must listen to them all of the time. They will provide shelter, shelter you will need. In return, you must do everything to earn their trust, their  respect. Do you understand?" She would ask, while the small bodies nodded.

"I would hate to see any of my children lost beyond those walls..."

The memory faded,  and he felt as if his heart were being ripped apart from his body. He fell down to his knees, crying hard. His stomach clenched and turned, making his head hurt worse. A tear ran down his cheek.

Reijha then heard some commotion from up ahead. One of The Nameless Ones, in the flesh. It tried to slice at the ankles of one of the trained guards, who was protecting another tail-bearer on the pathway. The guard was too skilled however. The female Feigm screamed a blood curdling wale, as her protector grabbed the Nameless One. He took a slice to its cheek. He then made a hard kick to its skull, making it tumble on the dead grass beneath it. 

The guard then grabbed it by the mane, with a great level of force. Reijha could just feel the headache now. With one quick motion the guard placed his arms tightly around its neck, with one quick snap, its neck was broken. A pool of dark blood erupted from It's skull, staining the grass below. It's now lifeless body laid there. The guard walked off, leaving its corpse as a reminder, to any other Nameless One that felt brave. 

He knew the guard never intended to fight. His duty was to protect. To survive.  Fate was to die for no reason at all. The Nameless Ones were monsters. Reijha knew this. Yet, there he stood, watching, in shock. He has never seen anyone be killed before, albeit with such ruthlessness. 

Reijha turned away, just after the guard looked straight his way. Their eyes met for a slight moment, then Reijha turned his heel and made his way, far from the scene of mutilation. He wasn't one who wanted to have a broken neck himself. He would rather not rouse any form of suspicion, so he walked off, not looking back once.

The wind blew harder as he continued into the unknown. His body shivered violently, his eyes began to tear up, and soon, he started to cry silently.  As much as he hated it, he couldn't go home anymore. 

Highly unsure of his next move, he had to configure a plan . Within time hunger would find him. There wasn't a shop, or eatery around. His mind made its way back to what his dear Mother would say.

"They don't have shops, so one must learn how to find their own source of food and nourishment. It's either that or learn how to make a trade with another Nameless One, which isn't always the best plan. As I have told you before, they are rather untrustworthy. One would have to grow wits, aswell as strength, that was never needed before. Hunt or be hunted, that was the way of the Nameless Ones. If you wanted to eat, you would have to learn how to hunt. How to stalk your prey. You would have to learn survival. There is no shelter either, so when the cold seasons of Blackfrost came, you would also have to find a source of heat and/ or shelter on your own. This would be also hoping no one else finds your shelter, your fire, or any of those means. If it was found, you would once again have to fend them off, or kill them. They would most likely kill you, for their own survival instead. This my young ones is why we are so fortunate. We have shelter, a source of food. We have a warm bed to lie, and we don't have to live in fear. Just as long as we stay behind our walls, and under the protection of our soldiers. Fear will never find us then." 

Reijha then wondered if his Mother ever thought for a slight moment, that one of her young would one day be out there. He was brought up with respect and morals. Never a bad Feigm, or one that deserved this life. He then felt betrayed, abandoned, and lost. He didn't even know why he was here. He only knew he was set-up, framed, but why? Everyone seemed to like Reijha, he didn't have any enemies that he was aware of. This puzzled the Feigm, as his brain worked through the possibilities as to why.  

He then thought to himself, that maybe he could of spoke up, and somehow Scheck would believe him.

Scheck was sometimes rather impossible though. He didn't listen to reason much, he didn't want to risk the lives that dwelled in his city. Once accused, you were pretty much done for. It appeared as if he got some enjoyment out of the dismemberment. It was as if, his own power got the better of him sometimes. Up until now Reijha thought it was to protect his city. He knew just how untrusting these criminals could be. Now here he stood on the opposite side of stability, and salvation .  

He was never taught the now needed tactics of survival. All his life, food was brought to him by a trained delivery scout. He just sat in his kitchen, and waited for his silver platter. He always had a warm fire at his feet, while he sat in his favorite chair, reading a book. He always had a home to come to, and a bed to sleep on. His Mother was definitely right there. They were the fortunate ones. Any Feigm that resided in those cities walls, they were unquestionably, the fortunate ones.