Chapter 19 ~ Basketball Game

A/N: Okay, so, I am not dead. And I know you don't want to read what I have to say because you want to read this chapter. I just want to say that I am happy some of you still read this book. I really appreciate it. Now, I know my work is shitty and seems like some kid wrote it, and I am sorry about that. You guys might be surprised to know that I am a first-year university student. HAH! Shocking, I know. And I apologize if I take ages to update this. I am taking medicine for uni and their workload is awful, so to say. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this.

***

Y/n's eye twitched as she set the drinks down on the blanket.

"It's obviously a coincidence," Subaru said with an underlying tone of irritation towards his older brother. However, his tone soon turned to one of worry when he noticed the absence of their youngest brother. "Wait, where's Wataru?"

The others soon realized their brother's disappearance.

"He was here a little while ago," Masaomi said looking around.

They soon spotted him leaning against the railing that separates the path with a duck pond. He was waving a stick close to a duck's face, dangerously near to the water.

Y/n's eyes widened as Ema stood abruptly.

"That's dangerous!" the girl exclaimed.

Without a second to lose, Natsume got up and raced towards Wataru. However, as he grew near, Wataru suddenly fell back and he flew into the water instead-splash. Everyone quickly went there and Tsubaki helped pull Natsume out of the pond.

Wataru, unaware that Natsume was trying to prevent him from falling, looked at his older brother in confusion.

"Nakkun is all wet," he said. "Why did you fall in the pond?"

"Natsume Onii-chan likes to swim," Tsubaki then said to the young boy.

"Really?!"

"Really! See?"

Y/n could only shake her head when Tsubaki laughed and let Natsume go and caused the youngest triplet to fall back into the pond.

"Leave it there, Tsubaki."

Later, after they pulled Natsume out of the pond and back to dry land, Y/n offered the drenched man a small towel that she brings along with her.

"Are you okay, Natsume?" she asked with concern as she crouched and held out a small towel to the sitting man. "Take this to dry yourself up."

"Thank you," he said as he unfolded the towel and placed it on his head. "Why do you even have a towel?"

"I have a lot of impromptu visits to the park so I always carry them with me."

Y/n eyed the towel just sitting on Natsume's head in irritation and she reached forward to snatch it from where it sat.

"What-!"

"Dry up properly or you will get sick," Y/n stated as she began to wipe the man's face and dry his hair.

"Right. Thank you."

It was silent between them both as Y/n wiped the water off.

"Was it really a coincidence?"

"What?"

"Meeting Subaru halfway..."

Y/n huffed and shoved the towel to Natsume's face, effectively making him quiet.

"Yes. Unless some celestial entity is pulling the strings, that was a mere coincidence."

Y/n sighed and handed the towel over to him as Azusa and Tsubaki came over.