Chapter 8 ~ Birthday Aftermath

~Previously~
Subaru averted his eyes away, before answering, "It's good. T-thanks."

I smiled a little at the Subaru-like answer.

"Isn't it great, imouto-chan?" Kaname smiled.

"I suppose it is." I replied, too happy to bother about the 'imouto-chan'.

I'm glad they liked the cake.

~(Y/n)'s pov~
After all the festivities, Ema and I went to her room to look at the pictures she took in her camera.

"It's nice to have a family." Ema commented, browsing through the pictures.

"Yeah, but this house is too rowdy." Juli interrupted.

"Hmm...It is nice to finally have a family." I said thoughtfully. "However, as Juli said, it's too rowdy around here. Especially with that Tsubaka around."

"Still...it is fun, you know?" Ema said, smiling.

"Yeah, it kinda is. Like everyone throwing a lively celebration for a birthday. Haven't been in one for years before this."

"For your birthdays, Rintarou was away overseas for most of them, after all." Juli said.

"Well, he sent me postcards and things, so I have lots of good memories with Dad too. There is also (Y/n)-chan who usually gave me presents. Not to mention, we had sleepovers on my birthday as well." Ema smiled before frowning slightly. "(Y/n)-chan never celebrated her birthday though. She's always busy with either work or school."

I frowned and softly slapped Ema's arm.

"Don't say that, Emaaaaaa." I whined, ignoring the fact that it is indeed true. I have never really told anyone, other that Hana-chan and Ema, my birthday date which is (your birthday).

"But it's true, (Y/n)-chan! We have to throw you a party here on your birthday." She said, side hugging me.

"B-but I don't wanna-"

"NO. You have to experience a party at least once, (Y/n)-chan! No excuses." Ema said, being uncharacteristically serious.

"Fine." I pouted before brightening. "Ema! I successfully took pictures today! I'll show you!"

I quickly checked my pockets for my phone before sighing.

"I think I left my phone in the living room, Ema. I'll go get them. Stay here, okay? I'll be right back." I said, pointing at Ema.

Ema nodded and went to change to her pajamas as I left. I went to the elevator and pressed the button to the fifth floor when the doors to the metal contraption opened.

~3rd person POV~ (Some time before (Y/n) arrives at the scene.)
"I would've liked her to make me a cake too." Tsubaki commented in the living room with Azusa, Subaru, and Kaname all seated on the red couch.

"I suppose." Azusa replied to his twin brother, secretly wanting their sister to make him a cake too.

Meanwhile, Subaru heard his phone ping, signaling a message entering. The took his phone out of his pocket and saw that is was a message from his older brother.

From: Natsume
For: Subaru
Subject: Happy Birthday

Happy birthday.
Turning 20 is a pivotal year.
You'll need to play basketball with even greater conviction as well.
There's no time for you to be getting preoccupied with anything else.
Keep it together.

Subaru frowned and muttered, "Arrogant bastard."

Tsubaki had apparently heard him and playfully asked, "Is something the matter, beloved Subaru?"