Chapter 4 ~ Overwhelmed and Exhausted

[edited]

Azusa watched their interaction with curiosity. "How do you know Ema, Y/n-san?"

Everyone else seemed to look at them curiously as well, aside from Yusuke.

"Please just call me Y/n, Azusa-san," the said girl said, brushing off the formal suffix. "Ema is my classmate and my closest friend."

Both girls smiled at one another, not noticing Yusuke twitching and moving away from them.

"Like hell I'm having another classmate become my sister," he grumbled.

Tsubaki seemed to find amusement from his denial as he went to tail Yusuke around the living room. "Eh~ What's this? Are you not accepting this? What are you going to do, specifically?"

And while Tsubaki and Yusuke bicker with one another, Y/n doing a mental tally. So far she had met Masaomi, Wataru, Tsubaki, Azusa, Ukyo, Yusuke, and then Ema. That was seven siblings already. As she remained silent, she tried to remember whether or not Hanako had told her the number of siblings she would be having. And she remembered that Hanako did not specify a number, she just said she will be having siblings.

Out of the corner of her eye, she noticed some movement at the top of the staircase, and she turned to see someone who seemed to be a monk. The man was tall, and his hair was a darker blonde than Ukyo's hair. His eyes were golden brown that seemed to pair well with his hair. He was wearing a dark purple ceremonial robe that was decorated with golden patterns. In his hands, he held a beaded prayer necklace. And as he descended the stairs, she couldn't help but eye the ear piercings on his left ear while wondering just what kind of a monk he was. (She finds him sus)

"We meet at last, Imouto-chan," he greeted her, his voice honey just like his appearance.

If it were anybody else, she would have complimented his voice. However, this man possessed such a flirty demeanor that she was not impressed. She eyed the man with obvious disinterest, even as he took hold and kissed the back of her hand.

"If you ever want to hear an inspiring Buddhist sermon, feel free to come to see Onii-san anytime," he said with a smile, although she could hear the flirty undertones in his words.

In response, she gave him a sweet smile as she yanked her hand out of his grasp. "And unless you want a broken nose, I'd suggest you not do this again and respect my personal bubble."

At her words, Ema giggled quietly since she was used to her friend's behavior after all those years of being friends.

Nearby, Tsubaki snickered whilst his arms were restraining Yusuke, who yelled out at what he just saw.

"Oi! Kana-nii!"

Coming from behind Ukyo, she saw yet another person approaching the living room. He was tall, the tallest so far, with dark hair and familiar-looking eyes. All it took was a good look at him and the all-too-familiar sports bag that he was carrying for her to realize who he was.

"Eh? Subaru-san?" she thoughtfully voiced out as she stared at the basketball player wide-eyed.

The said boy turned to see who had called him, his eyes widening to match hers as he recognized her in an instant.

"Y/n-san?" he said, surprised. "What the hell are you doing here?"

The said girl shrugged. "I am not so sure anymore. What about you? You're an Asahina?"

"Yeah," Subaru muttered, his hand rising to rub the back of his neck, his eyes averting away from hers.

Ema and the other brothers were watching their exchange with surprise, amusement, and some with wonderfully concealed jealousy.