𝟭𝟳. the root of all suffering

Start from the beginning

     "If she's the one that's standing in the way of an agreement, I need to speak to her face to face," Abby decided like it was the easiest thing in the world.

     Elliot scoffed under her breath. "There's nothing you can say."

     "Maybe not," Abby said adamantly. "But I can show her we understand her pain. Maybe that will be enough." 

     It will never be enough. Elliot thought as she watched the woman walk out of the room with a new purpose. 

     Kane glanced at each of them with a deep expression on his face. He didn't know what to do either. Elliot kept a straight face as he looked at her before he turned on his heels and left them alone to themselves. She didn't like him ever since he decided to throw her in their prison and judged her because of the scar on her face. 

     But she tolerates it. That's what she does. Tolerate people. Tolerate the unpleasant little thing she was.

     Elliot stood outside the camp, just inside the walls but nearer to the trees where she felt most comfortable. She was flipping the first knife she used to cut a person. Her first kill. A kill she never even wanted to do, and because of that, it shaped her to become the monster she is right now. 

     Then she caught sight of Bellamy and Raven leaving the camp rather secretly. A few moments later, Murphy followed with a bag and a rifle slung over his shoulders. She could only shake her head at their ignorance. There was no getting Finn out of this situation he put himself in the first place. 

     The Commander was always thinking ahead of her enemies, and right now, they made such a huge mistake to run away from their camp to hide Finn. They were too brave, but being brave will not save them.

     Just like she expected, Finn had been captured at night. She snuck out into the night, a dark red hood over her head while a scarf covered the lower half of her face With her quiet and nimble feet, it was hard for other Grounders to see her in the dark or even hear her. She could surprise one of them from behind and they wouldn't realize it until they're dead.

     The roars of the Grounders and their weapons clanking filled her ears. The sight of the torches and angry faces clouded her vision. If fury was put into action, this was it. She crept towards the dark forest, finding a good tree to climb. She quickly got up and perched upon a sturdy branch so she'd have a clear view of the army of Grounders. 

     It didn't take long before she caught sight of a familiar girl with blond hair. Clarke. Why the hell was she there? It remained a question in the back of her mind. It wasn't like she could go up there and ask. Clarke must've thought she could still save Finn by talking to the Commander. It almost made her laugh.

     She looked at the crowd of Grounders, and strangely enough, her eye drifted towards the fences of the sky people's camp. Searching for something. Only to find a certain man with brown eyes and that permanent frown on his face. He wasn't hard to find. Bellamy Blake seemed to stand out the most to her even in the light of the moon.

     Elliot scoffed under her breath after she realized she was doing it again. She did not like Bellamy Blake. He was too stubborn. Stupidly brave. Protective. He had those kind eyes that reminded her of the mahogany tree she once loved. And a constant pain in the ass. He always needed someone to save him from his own mess. She didn't like him at all.

     Her attention went back to Clarke who was approaching Lexa's tent with extreme cautiousness. I mean, there were a thousand Grounders warriors surrounding her. Even Elliot would be cautious, too. The Grounders looked at her like she was prey, all prepared to come at her and maul her like she was nothing. Elliot could see the panic on her face.