Chapter 8

Lauren had been hanging with Bea a lot for the past few days, just catching up and stuff. The usual. She was happy that she finally had one of her best and oldest friends back. Lucy had been her best friend for a very long time too, even Lucy and Bea had a strong friendship going before the tiny pink-haired girl had moved. Lucy wasn't very happy with Bea moving, so they had kind of broke off their friendship when she indeed moved. Hopefully, when they reunite, both of them can be friends again.

Since Bea had returned, Lauren hasn't had much time to think about Camila, which was weird, she had thought about her for almost the whole day just a week ago. Maybe she should pay her a visit. And Bea could go visit Lucy in the meantime. This meant that Lauren would have to make a few calls.

First: Lucy.

"Hello?"

"Luce, would ya mind if I come over later? Hang out a little bit?", Lauren asked, fully hoping Lucy had nothing planned today. She really wanted to see Camila. Oh and of course wanted to see her two best friends be friends again. But most of all, she wanted to see Camila.

"Ok yeah, sure. Come over.", Lucy said, sounding bored. She has never been bored when she was at home.

"Why do you sound so bored? Something bothering you?", Lauren knew Lucy for way too long to know that something was up.

"It's just... it's Camila." As soon as Lauren heard those words leave Lucy's mouth she was worried sick. Had something happened to Camila? Now she felt even worse for not thinking about her for a while. Her worry was soon gone when Lucy continued speaking. "She has been keeping me up non-stop, trying to get me to talk to her. I only had like, 4 hours of sleep after she finally left me alone." Lucy sighed.

Lauren couldn't believe what Lucy was saying. "Luce, Camila is your sister. Not some kind of animal. You should be caring about her. I'm coming over now. And for your information, Bea is here and she's coming with me."

"Wha-"

Second: Bea.

"Yo, wassup."

"B, I'll be standing in front of your apartment in 5 minutes. You'll be outside waiting, then when I'm there, you get in my car and won't ask questions.", Lauren told her in a rush while getting her jacket and keys.

"Uh, okay.", Bea said. "See ya then."

"Yeah, bye". Lauren hung up and made her way to her car.

---

A few minutes later, Bea was sitting in the passenger's seat of Lauren's black Dodge Ram, waiting for Lauren to explain what was happening.

"So?", Bea asked, eyeing the dark-haired girl driving the vehicle. "You wanna tell me where we're going and why you sounded so mad on the phone?", Bea said after Lauren didn't answer her for a while.

Lauren sighed. She didn't want her best friend to feel uncomfortable. "We're going to Lucy's.", Lauren told her, making Bea look down at her hands. "I'm not sure what had happened between you two before you left, but you two need to be friends again. Also, you need to get some shit into her. She's been talking about her sister likes she's some kind of fucking animal and I can't stand it anymore."

"Wait, do you mean Camila?", Bea asked her confusedly.

"Of course I mean Camila. And how do you even know her name? I didn't even know until a few weeks ago." Lauren was genuinely confused now.

"I can't believe that Lucy had ever been so bad with Camila. When I was still here, she would always go to her room and ask how she was doing, even though there was nothing that could tell her that she wasn't doing well."

"I don't know how, but at some time their relationship had broken off and I believe it has to be something from Lucy's side. Camila could never cut things off with her sister.", Lauren told her.

"How do you know Camila so well? I thought she'd never leave her room. She didn't even talk much to me whenever I was around."

Lauren couldn't help but form a little smile on her face. "It's confusing, but I finally got her to talk and open up to me." Her smile grew while talking about it.

"Ooh does someone have a crush?", Bea asked and smirked at the girl sitting next to her. Lauren looked at her quickly, making Bea wiggle her brows before she looked back at the road.

"No, I'm just looking out for her. I don't want her to hide her feelings and feel alone.", Lauren sighed. Just thinking about Camila hiding in her room with no one there for her made her heart hurt. "Let's get there as soon as possible. You need to have a talk with Lucy."

---

About 40 rings later, the door finally opened, revealing a surprised looking Lucy standing in the doorway. First, she looked at Lauren confusedly, then after she saw Bea, her look became rather surprised. "H-Hey.", she greeted with a slight stutter.

Lauren rolled her eyes. "You two will talk things out now, see ya later.", Lauren spoke then immediately rushed to Camila's room. Her door swung wide open just before Lauren could do that. After that, she was met with widened chocolate brown eyes.

"Lauren!", Camila said in a shrieky voice, clearly shocked to see the taller girl in front of her. "What are you doing here?" Lauren could hear the loneliness in her voice very clear. That meant Shannon wasn't home, she would've done something to help Camila, unlike Lucy.

"Obviously I'm here for you, Camz." Lauren had started to call the other girl 'Camz' just a while ago, and that nickname made Camila feel so special and loved, and to be honest, she felt butterflies erupt in her stomach every time she heard the nickname leave Lauren's mouth.

Camila smiled at Lauren. "Then come in, make yourself at home." The small girl invited her into her room and sat down on her bed, Lauren sitting down on the bean bag in front of her bed, facing Camila. "So, why did you come to see me?" Camila smiled. She liked Lauren's company, which was the only company she really enjoyed. Usually, Camila was happy when she was alone but with Lauren, she was glad that there was someone to talk to.

Lauren was surprised Camila had warmed up to her that quickly, even though it had been weeks. Texting her through Tumblr had really helped their relationship. "Lucy told me that something had happened to you today, she was not that happy about it so I thought that it was my time to come here."

"Why would you do that?", Camila asked, looking at Lauren adoringly.

"Because Camz, I care about you. I won't be like anyone else and not care. I'll try to stop everything that hurts you and take care of you.", the taller girl said with such softness in her voice. Camila couldn't be any happier right now. Finally, there was someone who cared. And she believed Lauren. Then suddenly, Lauren leaned forward and grabbed Camila's hand, intertwining it with her own. Smiling up at those chocolate brown eyes, she felt those butterflies again. The same butterflies she got whenever Camila would giggle and laugh whenever she showed Lauren things she saw on Instagram or Tumblr that day. Lauren loved Camila's laugh. It was a sound from heaven.

Both of the girls were falling in love with each other, but they didn't even realize that at the moment.

-----

I hope you guys liked that, I've been working on this chapter for a while after I had a writer's block.
Well, I hope I can update a lot more now, but I also want to keep the chapters longer, so I need some more time while writing the chapters.

See ya next timeee!!