{3|07} - Der Approved

I wake up in a bright ass room, not remembering anything again. It takes a while for my eyes to adjust to the light, but when they do, I see Scott and Derek laid down on the ground. I rub my eyes and sit up on the couch I happen to find myself on. They look so peaceful, laying there, asleep. I can't help but smile. This is the first time I've seen them happy in a while.

Derek was the first to wake up. When he saw me up, he looked a little startled, but was calm about it. He quietly got up trying not to wake Scott and took a seat next to me.

"Hey stiles, how are you feeling?" He asks.

"I'm fine, what happened?" I ask back.

"You had a panic attack and passed out. We carried you in here and waited 6 hours for you to wake up. I guess we both fell asleep waiting..." he explains.

"Usually I would remember a panic attack... or have a nightmare after..." I speak mainly to myself.

Scott soon wakes up. When he sees me, he stumbles off the ground and pulls me up into a tight hug.

"Thank God you're okay!" he yells in my ear.

"Ow. No need to yell." I respond, hugging him back tight.

"Sorry stiles.." he says, pulling away from me.

"It's fine," I reply.

"Stiles, I think we need to talk about what we're going to do now. There is no way we can fight the peste negra, even with Scott's help." Derek interrupts.

"So all you can do is run? That can't be it. There has to be another way." Scott speaks up.

"I'm afraid there isn't, Scott, there is no way to beat the peste negra. Even if we found a way for Peter and Kate to help us, it still wouldn't be enough."

"Derek is right Scott. We can't beat them." I say.

"Stiles, I think it's best if you stay here with us. That way if the peste negra attack, we'll be together and not separated." Derek suggests.

"Right, of course." I reply.

"What? No! I'm staying too then!" Scott speaks up.

"I can't let you do that Scott." I say.

"No, Stiles, you're my bestfriend! My soulmate! Im not giving up this easily. I won't just let you slip away from me." Scott argues.

"Scott, just stop. Go live your life. I can't let you waste it here."

"YOU ARE MY LIFE! I can't imagine a world without you in it Stiles. Don't do this to me again." Scott yells out.

"I'm sorry Scott..."

"One night couldn't hurt Stiles." Derek interrupts.

"Are you sure der?" I ask.

"Yeah, why not." he answers.

"THANK YOU DEREK!" Scott yells out.

15 minutes later

I look around anxiously biting on my thumbnail as I sit on the end of my bed. Scott fell asleep but I couldn't.

"Stiles?" Someone asks. Derek. He enters the room quietly, trying his best not to wake Scott. "Hey, you doing alright?"

I continue looking down at the ground. No words can escape my mouth. I try, but I can't form the right words. Eventually I give up and shake my head.

"You wanna talk about it?" Derek asks calmly, resting a hand on my shoulder. He gives me a sympathetic look. I simply shake my head again with a smile on my face. I pull Derek into a quick hug.

"Thanks for your help Derek, but I'll be fine." I whisper, moving away from him.

"Alright... you should get some sleep Stiles. I'm not sure what's going to happen these next few days, but I have a feeling your gonna need this rest while you still can." Derek stands and leaves the room, quietly closing the door behind him.

I lay back on the bed, cuddling up close to Scott whilst also not trying to wake him up. He seems unphased by my movements and continues to peacefully sleep. I can't help but think of the endless possibilities this new threat has brought upon us all. So many bad things can happen, and frankly, i dont think im prepared for any of it.

"Stiles..?" Scott hazily says. I softly brush my fingers through his hair.

"Shh.. sleep." I whisper in his ear calmly. He turns himself around and buries his head into my chest. He still manages to make me feel unbelievably safe, despite everything happening. I kiss his head and manage to doze off to sleep finally.