{04} - dating

3 weeks later

Rylee and I arrived at school at the same exact time. As if on cue.

"Hey Rylee! What's up?" I say as we arrive to the front doors of the school.

"Actually I was hoping I could catch you alone. I need to talk to you about something." Rylee interrupts before we walk through the doors.

"Uh yeah okay... let's um go around the corner?" I suggest. Rylee nods in agreement and leads the way around the corner of the school.

"So... what'd you wanna talk about?" I start. Rylee doesn't say anything for awhile.

"Stiles... I like you. A lot. And i- uh." Rylee starts. He's very clearly blushing. It's adorable!

"Rylee. I like you too!" I say a little too loud.

"Oh thank God! I though you were gonna say something completely different... especially with what you told me when we first met and-" Rylee starts.

I quickly interrupt him with a hug.

"Rylee. Hush." Is all I say. He chuckles a little before responding with:

"Sorry..."

"It's fine. So does this mean we're together?" I ask, pulling away from the hug.

"If you want it to then sure!" Rylee responds, the biggest smile on his face.

"Okay great! But uh... can we just keep it between us... cause I still haven't told anyone I'm gay yet... besides you." I say skittish.

"Of course Stiles. I don't mind. As long as you're happy." Rylee responds, making me smile even more now too.

"Thanks Rylee." I say. I lean in and kiss him on the cheek. "Lets go inside." I say. We both walk towards the front doors again and walk inside.

Im actually glad that Rylee asked me out. I've really got to know him a lot better over the past few weeks and it's been great! I hang out with him more than any of my other friends.

When we walk inside, he grabs my hand in his and we continue walking. I give him a bright smile and squeeze his hand in mine. When we get to the doors of the cafeteria, he let's go of my hand and we walk inside.

We find the rest of the group and take our seats. When we do, I grab Rylees hand under the table. He looks up at me and I just shoot him a smile in response.

"Where have you guys been?" Scott asks.

"Outside?" I respond. Scott and I haven't really properly spoken in a while. Ever since him and Allison broke up. And since I've got Rylee here instead.

"Mkay.." Scott responds. I don't think Scott likes the distance we've become. I don't either, but I've gotten used to it when Allison was around. Again, I never liked her.

"Hey you alright?" Rylee asks Scott.

"Hm? oh yeah I'm fine." Scott replies. I shoot him a look which says "Are you sure?"
Scott just nods his head as if I actually said it out loud. I shoot a smile towards him. He shoots one back.

"Why don't you come over tonight? With Rylee? It'll be fun!" I suggest. Rylee gives me a smile and so does Scott.

"Yeah sure. Why not?" He chuckles. Rylee nods too.

"Perfect! Meet at mine after school." I say. Then the bell goes. We all chuckle before getting out of our seats and walking to class. Obviously Rylee and I let go of eachothers hands before standing up. We had the same class though. With Scott! So we all walked together to our class. When we got there, we took our seats and waited for the teacher to arrive.

Rylee and I started talking about some random things we could do for the school holidays since we were officially together now. He suggested we go on our first date. It's cute that he's already thinking about this stuff. When he mentioned it, it sounded like he already had a whole day planned for us.

He was blushing out of his mind, it is so adorable! He blushes quite easily. I always tease him about it when i get the chance.

"So what do you think? Would you be down for it?" Rylee asks.

"Of course! Sounds like fun." I smile at him brightly.

"And what are you two talking about?" Scott says turning in his seat. He was sitting in front of me and Lydia was in front of Rylee.

"Nothing. Just plans for the holidays." I say still smiling towards Rylee. Lydia gives me an odd look then texts me.

I give Lydia a sincere smile right as the teacher walks in

I give Lydia a sincere smile right as the teacher walks in. Lydia winks at me, then turns in her seat.

"Hey Stiles. Who were you texting?" Rylee whispers to me.

"Lydia. Don't worry about it. Just something I need to do after school." I respond. I smile at Rylee, who soon returns the look.

---------------------------------------------------