{2|07} - extra trouble

I stop the car in front of the preserve. The place I find myself going to a lot nowadays. It just helps me relax so much.

"Scott." I say, nudging his shoulder. Scott's eyes flutter open.

"Mmh." He responds.

"We're here." I say. He looks over to me confused.

"Where?" He asks.

"Preserve. Come on, let's go!" I say. I hop out of the car, and Scott follows. We walk to the middle, like usual and sit down. Scott nearly falls asleep again but before he does, a weird noise comes from the trees.

"What was that?" Scott asks. We look at eachother, then back the way the noise came from.

"I have no idea..." I reply. The noise sounded like something from a lizard or a snake or something. I didn't even notice but I reached for Scott's hand and held it tightly. My heart was racing so fast.

Scott and I both stand up, bracing ourselves for what's about to pop out of the woods in front of us. Then I see it. Not much but I manage to catch a glimpse. It's not a snake. It's not a lizard. It's a person.

"The wolf is here I see." The strange looking person says, staying hidden within the trees. "How shall we do this?" They ask. It's a very grown up and creaky voice.

"What do you mean?" Scott asks. "Who are you?!" He glows his red eyes towards the trees.

"Alpha? No. Not any ordinary alpha... true alpha. Stand down Scott. The goal was never to hurt any bystanders." They say again.

"What are you talking about? Bystanders?" Scott asks.

"This doesn't involve you Scott. We're not here for you. We're here for Stiles." They say. Someone stands out from the trees, revealing themself. They stand tall. Their face is covered by a mask of sorts.

"Why me?" I ask, stepping forwards. Scott grips my hand tighter.

"Because, Stiles, you are worthy." He says, stepping closer. Scott forces me to take a step back.

"What do you mean worthy?" I ask.

"You have the power we need. You, Stiles, can destroy everything you see! Join us, and we'll give you the power." He says.

"And what if I don't want to join?" I ask.

"Well, we'll just force you to. You don't have a choice. Join us Stiles. Destroy the world with us." He says.

"Stiles..?" Scott says.

"Yeah? What?" I ask, not taking my eyes off the thing in front of us.

"Stiles we should go." He says. I look at Scott. He has tears running down his cheeks. I wipe them away then look back to this guy. He's gone.

"Where did he-"

"Can we please go Stiles?" Scott cries out. I give him a sincere smile before nodding my head. We both walk back to my car and hop in. I start the car and we drive away. Scott grabs my hand while I drive and holds it tightly. I look over at him and see him tearing up a little.

"Scott... What's wrong?" I ask, looking back towards the road.

"I-im just worried... that's all." He says.

"About me?" I ask.

"Of course. I mean, I don't even know who the fuck that was back there. Or even WHAT it was." He says.

"Listen to me when I say this Scott. I don't care who or what it was, alright? I know you'll protect me. I know everyone will protect me. We have a pack for a reason and whether I'm human or not, they will be there for me. You don't need to worry about anything like this Scotty. I'm not leaving. Not without you." I say. I can tell that he didn't stop looking at me the whole time. I occasionly glanced over at him throughout my speech whilst still driving.

"I know... but... what if we aren't strong enough to beat this thing. We know nothing about it but it seems to know everything about us. It could tell that I was a true alpha Stiles. I never glowed my eyes to indicate I was even an alpha." He says. I squeeze his hand tighter and park the car on the side of the road.

"Scotty. It's going to be fine. We are going to figure this out, alright? Don't worry about it right now." I say.

"I can't just not worry Stiles. I love you, I don't want you getting hurt. I really, really care about you." He says.

"Yeah I know, and I care about you too! But Scott, it's all going to be fine. We are going to figure this out, you need to understand that." I say.

"I know... but what did it mean by destroying the world?" He asks.

"I don't know Scott. Wait..... I think.... I've met this thing before.." I say.

"Wait what?" Scott responds.

"I don't know... it's all kinda blurry. I think I recognise his voice though, and the things he said." I say.

"Should we..." He says.

"I-i um... maybe I don't know." I say.

"We should talk to deaton." He says. "He might know something we don't."

"Alright. Let's go to the animal clinic then." I say. I turn the car around and drive back the way we came. We drive to the animal clinic.

Scott looks kinda nervous or worried. He has nothing to worry about though. We're going to figure this shit out. No matter how random it is. At this point anything could happen.

---