~3~The Old Republic and Saying Goodbye

Start from the beginning

Queen Sarai POV

Sophie followed Queen Sarai, quiet as they weaved through the hallways of the castle. King Dorian and the Queen of the Assassins struck a deal. Sophie would sneak in and get as much information about the attack on the lost cities from Fintan and Elrond from their village in the Neutral territories. The King explained that the Lost cities were marching on not any normal Elven city, they were marching on Eternalia, the Elven capital. After Sophie got the information she needed, she kept the information on her person until the battle is over. She is allowed to go straight to the battle if it was happening. After that, she gives the information to her guild and updates them on the status. She then giver her information to the Dunmer along with updating the Vatarian Leaders about the movement of the Dunmer, about the current king. Along with informing them one of her most loyal Assassins being the eldest prince of the King. 

In return, the Dunmer become official allies with the Cyevan Assassin guild, providing their resources and information if needed. The Dunmer must also show up at the other meetings with the world leaders, no getting out of it. Along with a little snide comment from Sophie reminding the King that even though Ruy was the eldest son of the King, he was loyally sworn to her guild, and Ruy's first priority will be with their Assassins.

"Are you sure?" Sarai asked as they walked down the silent hallway.

"As much as I hate to say it, King Dorian is right. If we manage to get this information from Elrond and Fintan, we might be able to have an extreme advantage in the battle, not only having the element of surprise but also knowing their plans? We will hopefully end the battle before it even starts." Sophie sighed.

"Do you think you can get back in time, before the battle?"

"I can only hope."

"You are prepared, correct?"

"I am trained for these types of missions, especially infiltration missions. But I don't have that many tools anymore. My sword was destroyed a couple of days ago thanks to a skirmish with a Scylla. I don't really have any infiltration armor sets. I only have my riding leathers and helmet, a couple of throwing knives. I don't have any poisons-"

"Are you willing to use some older things?" Sarai asked suddenly.

Sophie watched Sarai with a cocked eyebrow, and Sarai gave Sophie a crooked smile. Sophie followed Sarai as she opened a large pair of ornate black doors, walking into a room that reminded Sophie a lot of a museum exhibition, lots of long rays of blueish light with significant cases of glass.

It was the items in the cases is that caught her attention.

Rows of ancient Cyevan Assassin robes and weapons, poisons, maps, and journals, all of it belonging to the years of the Cyevan Assassin's existence. Not only the Cyevan Assassins, who had their own massive area dedicated to them, but Sophie's knees went weak at it all, her arms going limp.

"Oh my gods, oh my gods," Sophie whimpered.

"I'm a pretty big fan of history, and though my husband isn't a fan of the Vatarians, I found their culture and history to be fascinating! So I-" Sarai slowly stopped talking as Sophie mindlessly explored the room, her mouth agape and her eyes bright. One case in the Inalian section made Sophie stop dad.

"IS THAT SPARTAN ARMOR?!" Sophie squealed.

"Yes. I have been looking for what the Spartans were, as I managed to find an old armor set and a few pieces of weaponry."

"The Spartans were a part of the Republic, or rather, the government that was in control before the Senate took over. They were Inalia's army and navy, their elite warriors under the command of the Republic. But when the Senate took over as the main form of the government, they slowly died out, and people stopped training to become one because the Senate saw them as an image of the Republic. They wanted their own words to be absolute. It was one of this biggest outrages, the loss of the Spartans. If you visit Inalia, you will be able to see statues of them all over the place! My father used to tell me stories about them, about their golden armor and double-sided spears. The roaring chants they would use to scare away their enemies. We still use those chants, only during Inalian wide games or events, but we cheer them to the sky, hoping that our Spartan warriors in Kynarath's realm can hear us still honoring them." Sophie explained dreamily.