~3~The Old Republic and Saying Goodbye

Start from the beginning

"I couldn't stand you when I first met you, yet here we are. Get over it. Lilac, go." Sophie said, crossing her arms. Her sister scampered away, still slightly squealing from her discovery. Sophie turned to Ruy with a stern face but soft eyes.

"And what about the Dunmer?"

"What about them?"

"Ruy, as much as you want to deny it, you are now a part of the Dunmer royalty, even if you are officially recognized or not. You may have grudges against your father, and I don't blame you for that, but you are the eldest son of King Dorian. People might expect you to side with the Dunmer-"

"But I am a loyally sworn Assassin, no matter what my status is-"

"That is true, as well. I will do this mission your father wants from me, it will help the possible alliance between the Dunmer and Vatarians. But, Ruy, think about what this could mean for them? You are one of the first half Dunmer-half Vatarian Assassin. Not only would you be valuable in the Peace Summits and meetings, but on the battlefield. But you also have a responsibility to our guild, you need to think through what you want to do. But it is no longer just you, me, and our guild. The Dunmer Kingdom is now a part of the equation, and whether you like it or not, you are a part of it."

Ruy was silent, divided on what he should do. Sophie delicately placed her hands on Ruy's jaws, her brown eyes soft. Ruy wrapped his large arms around Sophie's hips, holding her close.

"No matter what you choose, I will be by your side. Our family will stand with you, no matter what happens." Sophie whispered, holding his face delicately in her hands. Ruy turned his head and placed a soft kiss into the palm of her hand, and Sophie smiled, before turning to the castle and sighing.

"I will try to make it quick," Sophie turned back to Ruy, "I promise." Sophie sighed. Ruy pressed his head into the crook of her neck, breathing her in.

"I just got you back," Ruy whispered onto her flushed skin. Sophie leaned her head against his, enjoying the warmth of him. Sophie slid her arms under his and held onto his back, a sigh escaping her lips. Ruy looked into Sophie's eyes, his azure eyes glinting violet and silver, and smiled.

"You know, If you can't persuade the King into making an alliance, I'm sure if you just throw one of your knives at his head, he might be a bit easier to convince," Ruy suggested. Sophie chuckled in his arms, pressing his face away with her finger pressed onto his nose, pushing him back.

"Smartass," Sophie chuckled. Sophie pressed a small kiss into his cheek, and Ruy nodded, and the steely look returned to her eyes. The look of someone who has to set aside her worries and lover to ensure the success of a mission. Sophie turned on her heel and strode towards the castle, shaking out her complaints right before she swung open the doors and strided into the black castle.

The Guest Chambers, that is where Keefe, Biana, and Lilac were.

He had no time to sulk and wallow, he had decisions he had to make.

Decisions, Desicions, Decisions. It was all decisions.

Ruy wrapped his sore and aching body in his Dunmer clothing and set off to the guest chambers.