Hoodie Girl

Percy Pov

Beep beep beep

"No!"

Beep beep beep

"Shut up!"

Beep beep beep

"No one even likes you!"

Beep beep beep

"Stop it!

Beep beep beep

"Fine I'm up! I'm up!

Beep beep beep

"GAH!"

I jumped up and slammed my alarm clock to the ground.

"Who's beeping now?" I asked my alarm clock with a smirk.

"Percy! Time for school!" My mom hollered from the stairs.

"K!" I yelled, "Coming!"

I grabbed my backpack after I got dressed and brushed my teeth, then raced down the stairs.

I grabbed the apple my mom was holding and flung open the door.

"Bye Mom love you!" I hollered as I ran through the door. I heard her yell something back and smiled.

The bus doors opened in the nick off time, though I was already late. I glanced around and there were only two seats left. One next Drew Tanaka, and the other next to some girl in a black hoodie.

Yeah. . . Drew is the Barbie of school, and wears roughly 32.6 pounds of make up a day. I kid you not.

So hoodie girl it is.

"Hey um, can I sit with you?" I asked, politely.

Hoodie Girl didn't say anything, she just scooched over.

I raised an eyebrow, "Okaaaay." That was weird.

"What's your name? I'm Percy."

Yet again, I got no reaction. A piece of her golden curly hair fell from her hood. It took all my willpower not to reach up and tuck it behind her ear. She turned slightly, and I got a little view of her face. Her eye was bruised and her lip looked swollen.

"What's with your face?" I asked, then realized that probably sounded rude so I added, "I mean it looks like you got in a fight with wall or something."

Nothing, notta.

"Are you mute?" Oops, stupid ADHD.

Hoodie Girl whipped around, "Do you ever freaking shut up?!"

I glanced down, "Sorry." I muttered.

Hoodie Girl sighed, "Sorry, I'm having a bad day."

But that was all she said, then she turned back around and was silent.

I huffed and pulled out my phone after realizing I was getting no where with Hoddie Girl. After a crazy long silence, so like, 2.5 minutes, I couldn't take it anymore.

I reached over and pulled Hoodie Girl's hood down. I gasped, slightly. Her face was covered in cuts and bruises, and I noticed a red mark going down her neck. If her face was this bad, I don't want to think about the rest of her body. But the thing that made me gasp the most, were her eyes. They were grey and stormy and beautiful and terrifying. Right now though, they were filled with rage.

"What the heck is your problem!" She yelled pulling her hood back on.

"Sorry, I just. . . What happened to your face?" I asked, "Are you ok?"

Hoodie Girl frowned, "What do you care? Just leave me alone."

She turned back around again and put on some earbuds, leaving me to feel dejected.

I sighed and closed my eyes thinking about what would happen today. I'm apparently popular, but also not. It's confusing. See, I'm popular, but I sit with what most people would consider nerds, and rejects, I mean, to me they aren't nerds they're my friends. But the other people expect me to sit with the jocks and cheerleaders, but they're just so. . . Fake.

I glanced at my schedule, trying to remember my first class. It was halfway through the school year, but I have a pretty sucky memory.

(A/n: I'm homeschooled, so go with it.)

Percy Jackson

1st period ---- Algebra II ---- Mrs. Dodds

2nd period ---- Science ---- Mr. Hephaestus

3rd period ---- History ---- Mrs. Hera

4th period ---- Elective (Marine Biology) ---- Mr. Poseidon

LUNCH

5th period ---- Greek Mythology ---- Mr. Brunner

Free period

6th period ---- Music ---- Mrs. Aphrodite

7th period ---- Gym ---- Coach Hedge

Dismissal

Uh, Mrs. Dodds sucks, she doesn't even care that I have ADHD and Dyslexia. Same with Mrs. Hera, except she also hates me for some reason.

I snatched Hoodie Girl's schedule and noticed we had the same schedule except for electives. I put it back in her pocket before she could notice.

"Everyone off!" Yelled the bus driver.

I realized Hoodie Girl couldn't hear with her earbuds in, so I shook her.

"We gotta go." I told her.

She glared at me and hopped up.

I walked up the steps of Goode High and plastered a fake smile on my face. I took a deep breath and hoped everything would go totally normal.

It definitely. . . did not.