However at the corner of her eye, she spots a familiar piece of clothing sticking out from under her bed. Walking towards the bed, she bends down and stood on her knees, reaching over to grab the piece of clothing. She lays it on the bed, trying to allow her head and eyes to familiarise with the clothing, however, after a couple of moments, her eyes widen in a bit of shock. 

It's a sweater; more specifically, it'sTori's sweater.

Jade fiddles with the soft sleeves, realising that she must have forgotten to give it back to the brunette the weekend she slept over at her house, and she can only recall constantly telling herself she would give it back to her soon. That didn't seem to exactly happen though. 

She picks the sweater up and held it to her nose; it still smelled like her. She fixes it on her own body before climbing within the crevices of her sheets, pulling the hoodie over her head and covering the blanket over her entire body so that all the sounds around her would be muted. The beating of her heart seems to have finally slowed a significant amount as the comfort of the sheets washed over her. 

Jade tries to close her eyes to sleep, but to her, it was challenging to fully fall asleep. She tries to force them close but that didn't seem to work, yet it felt as if hours had gone by just in that short amount of time. She could feel that her brain was exhausted yet her mind was not. 

Groaning, she emerges from beneath the sheets, leaning over to grab her pearphone on her bedside table.

The time read 10:30 p.m.

Would Tori be up at this time? Jade thought before scrolling through her contacts and landing on Tori's name, tapping on her name and staring down at the send a message option, a keyboard popping open. Probably.

Jade
Tori, are you still up?
Read at 10:30 p.m.

She turns off her phone and quickly buries herself in her sheets as if to hide the embarrassment and sudden shyness in her face, half-expecting a reply from Tori.

But the moment she set her phone back down on the table, it lit up like a beacon onto the ceiling and vibrated loudly. Jade flinches from the sound, heart momentarily racing as her eyes widen, quickly leaning over to grab the phone to look at the notification. 

Tori
Hey. Yeah, I'm still up. Are you alright?

Jade vaguely smiles, excitedly texting the girl back. 

Jade 
I'm doing fine.
Read at 10:31 p.m.

It didn't take long for the brunette to text her back.

Tori
I had fun earlier.

Jade's eyes widens even more to the response, the four words somehow sending sudden shivers up and down her spine. Her heart races... Tori actually had fun with her? 

Jade
I had fun too. I didn't know you could dance.
Read at 10:33 p.m.

Tori
Hey! I'm a good dancer!

Jade
I know you are, Tori. I had fun earlier as well.
Read at 10:34 p.m.

Tori
You said you wanted to hangout sometime, right? Where do you want to plan to go?

Jade had nearly forgotten that she wanted to hangout with Tori. She bites at her bottom lip clumsily, trying to think of a place of where to go. But nothing seems to pop up in her own head. And it seemed that Jade became too caught up in her own head that Tori texted her again.