10

revamped! 23/11/2020

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The girls both find themselves sprawled on the couches of Tori's living room, each laying on opposite ones from each other with Jade's feet on the coffee table for support and Tori's body stretched comfortingly across the other couch, head resting against one of the dark velvety pillows. Jade catches sight of the brunette for a split moment, a slow lift of a brow before releasing an impatient groan from her mouth.

"Tori, can we watch anything but this?" she grunts lowly, catching Tori's attention within a second.

The brunette struggles to sit herself up on the couch, narrowing her eyes in the direction towards Jade. "You don't like Celebrities Underwater?"

Jade shakes her head dispprovingly, motioning an aggressive point towards the television. "No, because what's the fun of waiting for celebrities to drown when they aren't?"

Tori frowns, reaching over to grab the remote from the coffee table next to Jade's feet, turning the TV off and after all that came was silence that flooded between the two girls with the welcome of some of the awkward tension returning. Tori's head quickly races with ideas to be able to rid of the awkwardnesst that she could sense, biting at her lip in the meantime. However, her eyes light up as she turns towards the dark-haired girl.

"Why don't I..." she starts, glancing out the window and noticing how dark it was outside. A smirk plays at her lips. "Why don't we just watch a movie? Maybe we can invite Cat for a little sleepover tonight?"

Jade groans once again, this time much more louder to ensure Tori's lack of taste in movies. "I am not in the mood to watch happy, bubbly fairy tales and princesses living in magical sugar castles, Tori!"

The words cause Tori to scowl with displeasure, remembering the time where she somehow dreamt of living in the a magical sugar castle by the time she was 16. Obviously it didn't happen, and she had to be Trina's assistant for a month, whom the girl practically drowned Tori with ridiculous tasks that she had to do for her. Luckily, Tori was able to break out of her hands from winning a contest hosted by Kesha𑁋what an unexpected night.

Tori smirks and Jade catches her glance, trying to read whatever expression was on the brunette's face. Both of their eyes meet in an instant, causing both of them to look away and shift uncomfortably in their seat.

So Tori shrugs, "Well, why not put a horror movie on?"

Jade snorts mockingly, "Are you kidding me? Cat would be instantly killed from watching one."

"Okay, then let's not invite Cat. It can just be a movie night for the two of us," Tori corrects herself, already feeling the immediate regret of suggesting slowly course throughout her. The idea of her and Jade alone in one room for some reason frightened her, but she has taught herself to not be scared of a person like Jade.

Jade tilts her head slightly to the side, releasing a small grin towards the brunette. "Alright, Vega, you have a deal."

Nodding, Tori stands up and Jade's eyes follow her, watching as Tori sways her hips left and right on her way towards the kitchen. The sight makes Jade bite her lip cautiously as she switches her gaze back towards the pure blackness of the television to take her mind off of Tori𑁋it seemed way harder than necessary and she wasn't entirely sure why.

"Why don't you browse through some good horror movies on the TV while I make some popcorn for us?" Tori asks brightly from the kitchen, placing her hands steadily on the cold surface of the counters as her eyes saunter around the house.