Jade carefully trails towards the staircase, picking a single foot hours after another to walk up each step of the stairs, the floors quietly creaking behind her. She had just hoped that she could fall through the floor and just kill her. Every time it would creak, she couldn't help but wince in frustration as to hope the noise wouldn't wake up her father. Her father wasn't a heavy sleeper𑁋especially in his drunk state𑁋so even the tiniest noise can possibly wake him up, and that paranoid the fuck out of her a lot, scared to the point where even her breathing can wake up him. Luckily (somewhat), her bedroom was right across from the top of stairs, so she was able to sneak inside without making so much noise. Her father's bedroom was across the house, opposite of where Jade's was.

Once she arrives at the top of the stairs, she scurries straight a few more steps until she arrives in front of her bedroom, nearly slamming into the door in the process. She takes a few moments to steady her breathing, placing a hand to her chest area and feeling the expeditious pounding of her own heart. All of her limbs were shaking at different paces, goosebumps dancing up her arms even though it felt warm inside of the house. She takes a couple of deep quiet breaths, the urge to just break down in front of her down growing wildly inside, so she needed to be inside of her room firstly. 

Opening the door slowly, careful not to create a squeak, Jade slips through the minuscule crack of her door, closing it tremulously behind her. And as she steps her entire body into the room, a long moment of silence hit her𑁋literally, as she tried not to breathe to be able to hear any noises across the door, trying to scan for any signs of footsteps or anything. Tears were sprawling out of her eyes at that point as the anxiety came to its peak like the top of a rollercoaster. 

She reaches over to turn on a simple light on her desk, gazing around her room to find that sense of peace inside of her. Her room is dark, walls all painted a space black, but the wall where her bed was located was painted a light grey.

Jade throws her bag on the chair of her bedroom, flipping onto her bed and releasing a long sigh that she felt she had been holding in for years. She covers her face with her hands, running them through her dark and dyed strands. Her mind only kept wandering to the events that happened at Tori's house, hoping that it would help ease the anxious tension inside of her. 

She danced with Tori.

The first time Jade had ever held onto the brunette's waist, and there was not one moment that she did not regret as she let the sound of music guide them through Tori's living room. The first time she ever felt Tori's soft skin in her hands, her tiny waist and beautiful features that Jade had silently adored for a long time. The girl is just so unusually unique towards Jade that explaining it in words was so incredibly challenging, even though Tori doesn't see herself in that way. 

And the smile on Tori's face never left Jade's eyes. Her adorable smile that highlighted those known cheekbones of hers. Jade hoped that the brunette knew she was beautiful, because if she thought she didn't, then Jade wouldn't hesitate to tell her straight to her face.

It was that moment that Jade wanted to last forever, and she had the opportunity to kiss her and just let those feelings pour out of her. 

But her dad got in the way.

Of course, Jade didn't mind the sight of seeing Tori with her dad. In fact, she truly felt bad for the man upon seeing him. He looked like he was going through some tough shit at work, and possibly trying to deal with the absence of his own wife. And seeing Tori without her dad or her mom, wherever she was, made Jade worry more about her, and Trina didn't seem like much of a helping hand as well. Actually, Trina seemed to be out more frequently as well.

Jade just frowns. 

Feeling alone is scary.

Jade changes out of her clothes, grabbing a pair of black pyjama pants from her drawer quietly. She fishes out a variety of unappealing shirts from her drawer, unsure which one she should wear. After a few moments, she just gives up.