1 | Just another win

"I didn't kill her. I loved her"

Mae Hyo looks at the man on the stand, "you're charged for first-degree murder for a reason."

"You were cheating on your girlfriend, and you decided that you needed her out of the picture."

"Objection, Counsel is testifying for the witness" Jeno stood up, looking at the judge for some response.

"sustained"

Mae Hyo nodded, "okay, let me rephrase, would you say that you two would never argue?"

"no, we did, just like how normal couples fight, on small things mostly."

"Okay, and would you say you abused her in any way?"

"objection calls for speculation" Jeno stands again.

Mae Hyo looks at him. She looks at jeno for a second, "This report here shows that his girlfriend had filed multiple reports with the police about domestic abuse, but it had been constantly overthrown because this man here-" Mae Hyo points at the man on the stand again, "his father was a cop, he pulled strings, and now she's been beaten to death, and murder weapon? his hands."

"Your honor, this wasn't submitted into evidence" Jeno says, looking at the reports and the pictures of the now dead woman's bruises.

"no, this was present in the document. It's not my fault that Mr Jeno here didn't find the time to look into it thoroughly" Mae Hyo says, shrugging her shoulders at Jeno.

Jeno squints his eyes at her in annoyance. He sits down, pushing his chair back.

The judge nods in reassurance.

"how do you justify this? You did this, no? you punched her multiple times, and you're a made strong man. Would you say this wouldnt be possible? " Mae Hyo asks the man again.

The man starts to look perplexed, or at least pretends to, "I didn't do this, I swear."

Mae Hyo nods at him mockingly, "okay, so you never saw her like this? you were neglectful of your girlfriend? was it because you spent most of your time with your other girlfriend?"

"objection"

"overruled, continue Ms.Bae"

"No, I wasn't. This isn't me, I don't know how this happened."

"but she was your girlfriend. Aren't you supposed to know these things, especially if they were so severe? well, that is of course, if you were the one doing it." Mae Hyo asks, her leg crossing the other.

The man's eyes follows his lawyer, Jeno.

Jeno shakes his head slightly, probably indicating him not to say anything stupid.

Mae Hyo follows his gaze, "hey, here", she says, tapping at the wood ledge of the stand.

The man looked at her quickly, and he remained silent.

"Answer the question, Mr Ki" The judge says.

Mr.Ki looks at the judge and attempts to look at Jeno, but his sight is blocked by Mae Hyo standing right in front of him.

"your silence proves you guil-"

"she was abusing me! Physically!" the man blurts out.

Jeno sighs. He looks at Renjun, in total disappointment as Renjun exchanges the same expression.

Mae Hyo looks at Mr Ki in amusement and then towards the judge, "no further questions, your honor"

"your witness, Mr.lee"