8 | Court sesh

Jeno looked hot.

He looked the best on days he had a case to lawyer up to, at that moment, he had gelled back hair, a strand falling on his forehead.

His suit, jet black, his tie, Dirty Grey.

"I was his first assistant, Ive been there since he was just starting up his business, and to see him like that, his skin, blue. It was so scary" Miss Lee, the first assistant who had resuscitated Nam Dae Ho, said as she wiped a tear away.

Jeno nods comfortingly, "yes you did everything you can Miss Lee" he says, turning around and giving a teasing smile to Mae Hyo as he sits in his chair.

Mae Hyo looks at Jaemin, almost pleadingly, "this could go so south" she whispers as she gets up to dust her black dress and walk towards Miss Lee.

"Miss Lee, do you like Sera? do you think of her as a friend, or maybe just a respectable employee?" Mae Hyo asks.

Miss Lee rolls her eyes, "no, any respect I had is gone, after what she did, I can't even look at her"

"poor you, however-" Mae Hyo begins, as she flipped a folder file and passes it towards the judge.

"My client's colleagues vouched for her and said that you would call her things like, "incompetent" "trash" "whore" and much worse and so on" Mae Hyo states, looking at the judge's reaction and taking note of Miss Lee's reaction.

Miss Lee shakes her head desperately, looking at Jeno for some help, "no that's not true, she's l-"

Mae Hyo cuts her off, "okay fine, wait, let me ask you this" she says, looking at the judge for a nod.

"Miss Lee, you testified you saw a pill on Park Sera's desk on the day of the accident, right?"

She nods,

Mae Hyo locks her eyes with the witness on stand, "louder" she yells a little, scaring Miss Lee

"Objection, she's scaring the witness" Jeno says, standing to her defense.

"Sustained, Ms. Bae, please" The judge says, to which Mae Hyo nods.

She just wanted to shake the witness a little bit.

"Right?" Mae Hyo asks again.

"yes"

"You said it was a yellow pill, similar to the colour of Prosecutor Jeno's tie?" Mae Hyo asks.

"y-yes"

A smile danced slightly on Mae Hyo's lips.

Sudden murmurs echoed the room.

"Miss Lee, Prosecutor Jeno's tie is Grey not yellow, but I would understand why you would say that" Mae Hyo says.

"Are you colourblind, Miss lee?" Mae Hyo asks, the witness was visibly shaken, a little cornered.

Miss Lee looked at Mae Hyo as if she was the worst, like she had murdered her family in front of her.

"Yes, but I promise, there was a pill, I saw it"

Mae Hyo mockingly nods, softening her expression, "I see"

Jeno's tongue swiped the inside of his cheek, his expression dark and angry, "How does she know, Renjun? I put little to no information about it." he whispers.

Renjun shakes his head.

"So could you differentiate, the blue pill on Sera's desk that was the anxiety medication she used to cope working under you, or the yellow pill that was used to poison Mr. Nam?" Mae Hyo asks.