3 | Coffee

"Seriously, jeno!"

"what? you were the one who dramatically hit your head on my table" Jeno says.

Jeno felt like he was dying, seriously, he would often have his fair dose of intrusive thoughts, like when he held a knife and suddenly some part of his brain would go 'wait what if you stab yourself right now'

But now that he's actually been stabbed, it was no joke. It was no longer intrusive. Because someone else straight up jabbed his abdomen.

"My leg was cramping, what was I supposed to do, plus, she came so very unannounced, I didn't have time to react" Miha says.
The large glass window stood guard as the sun's honey golden rays glistened on Jeno's chiseled body, he was panting at the burn he felt.

"did..did you lock the door?"

she nods. "you're going to need stitches, I still think you should go to the hospital"

Jeno clicks his tongue in annoyance, "I said no Miha, don't you understand why?"

"Listen to me, I administered the first aid but you need stitches, you want me to do it for you or something?" Miha says, she was already preparing the stitch, because if Jeno listened to other people than himself first, the grass would be greener and the air fresher.

"you listen to me, that's how it goes, got it?"

Miha scoffs, 'no wonder no one would like you'

"We don't have local anesthesia," She says as she drenches the gauze in more disinfectant.

Jeno sighs, he picks up his paperweight and hands it to the girl, "here, smash my head with this and then give me stitches"

He aggressively pulls out his chair and drops on it, picking up the gauze and forcing the wound to stop its bleed.

"my job is to be your secretary, not your by-stand nurse when you come back from your gang activities being gutted or shot at" Miha scowls at the man, she wipes her hands off his blood and shoves the tissue on the remaining pile.

Jeno had this vexed expression plastered on his face, he eyed Miha top to bottom, intimidating her by the second.

"you're lucky Taeyong even hired you, for god's sake you have a nursing degree, Miha, I mean seriously who the hell spends three years of their lives in a nursing degree and then ends up in a law firm?"

Miha looked visibly hurt, she was only looking out for Jeno, this always happened.
Miha always looks out for him, and when she stops, thinking that it might bother Jeno, it does not.
He goes on with his day like any other, with or without her help.
It's like saying 'hm, I'm not gonna get him his coffee today, then he'll see my importance'
But it didn't matter, because Jeno has ten other people he could ask for coffee and he has himself.

He doesn't wait to ask, 'Hey why didn't you get me my coffee today?'

He just never cares, ever.
Instead, Miha looks lousy at her simple job.
sure, simple.

Jeno was anything but simple.

"Me, Okay?"

Jeno was in immense pain, a little less than before, but still in pain.

He walks over to the door, clutching at his wound, he opens the door wide, and motions Miha out.

"Okay, noted, get out."

Mark puts his hands up and moves aside as he sees Miha stomping out of the office.

"yo, Jeno, what happ-" Mark gasps at the still open wound, he quickly turns around to look for Miha.

"Why didn't she stitch you up?" Mark asks looking at Jeno's white suit drenched red.

"do you know who stabbed me?" Jeno immediately asked.

"lets talk about it later" Mark says.

"I don't want to go to the hospital, why is that so hard to understand?" Jeno says, placing his hand on Mark's shoulder for support.

Mark nods, "fine, Jeno but you're losing too much blood, let me take you home and I don't know, let Yuta fix it up"

Jeno nods, "I'm going to fire Miha one day, watch"

Mark shakes his head, he would say something but maybe now wasn't the best time, he swings Jeno's arm around his neck.

"Let's stitch you up, big boy"

Jeno walked into his office like nothing had happened the day before, no recovery time, no rest.

He was already in his grey suit and tie, already looking at his case files, he wasn't wincing, he wasn't cautious, he just managed everything so well.

Miha wanted to ask him how he was, did he sleep alright? did he have his breakfast? was anything else hurting?

Miha gets startled at the loud knocks on her table, "hello?"

"oh Jen-"

"Coffee, 8 AM" Jeno says, pointing at his watch.

Miha nods, she didn't want him to repeat what he had said, it was coffee, 8 AM, hopefully, nothing else.

Mae Hyo walked into his sub-office, about to push the door when she was stopped by Miha, she placed her hand on Mae Hyo's arm

"You can't just go in, you need an appointment"

Mae Hyo looks at the hand placement and slowly backs away.

"I already have one," she says.

Miha nods, setting down the same drink she was told to get for Jeno, and looks up Mae Hyo's name on her system.

"I'm afraid you don't have one, I can set one for real this ti-"

"Mae Hyo! come on in" Jeno says as he had seen the girl from his glass doors.

"see" Mae Hyo says, as she already enters the office.

Great, Miha felt even dumber, in front of jeno too, again.

Jeno followed Mae Hyo to his table and motions her to the chair.

"So, Bae, what was it that you wanted to talk about?"

'ding'

"I wanted to talk ab-"

'ding'

Jeno quickly closes his email tabs and then fully looks at Mae Hyo.

"sorry, go on"

'ding'

"So the inter-"

'ding'

"Jeno, I will smash that Computer, answer the damn email and then talk to me" Mae Hyo says, she opens her purse clutch and pulls out her phone.

Jeno was typing at his top speed, clicking here, clicking there, scribbling the notepad in the process.

Mae Hyo calls up Donghyuck about something, "hey Hyuck, send me Sera's case details on my second email, please!" she says, dragging the 'plea' part of, please.

Jeno stops typing for a second and looks at Mae Hyo in total surprise.

"oh finally, are you done? I want to leave"

"Hyuck? as in, Donghyuck, our Lee Donghyuck?"

Mae Hyo nods, "yeah, my Donghyuck"

'oh. my. god'