10 | Step 3

"A little birdie told me that you and jae were getting it on last night in the office"

"Fuck you and your birdie Hyuck"

Mae Hyo was sick to her stomach, there was no way she allowed that last night.

Jeno stood there in shock, "seriously? him?"

Mae Hyo quickly gets off Jaemin's lap, that instant weight lift making him even more on edge.

She shuffles around, dusting her skirt off and pulling it down. She grabs her bag, making sure to take her office's access card and just leaving the office, no words exchanged. 

"well the birdie is waiting in your office" Donghyuck says, an annoying smile dancing on his face.

Mae Hyo's heart drops for a second, she sighs, pushing her door open after tapping her card.

There sat Jeno, with his annoying little smile, his annoying little suit and his annoying little hair and his annoying litt-

"Mae, did you ever try doing the bloody mary challenge?" Jeno asks, his leg on the other, his feet shaking.

Mae Hyo drops her bag on the table and sits down on her chair, "god no, I was settled with a crippling fear you'd show up and not her" 

"well try it now, but instead of bloody mary, you'll just see one of the top lawyers who slept with her paralegal!" Jeno lets out a fake gasp "Oh my gosh!!" he puts his hand on his chest, teasingly taking deep breaths.

he was so annoying.

"you're just jealous it was him and not you" Mae Hyo retaliates.

"oh come on Mae, why would you think I'm jealous of jaemin? look at me" Jeno tries to boast.

"exactly, look at you" Mae Hyo makes a face of disgust.

"eitherways, the box I was here to drop last night-" He looks around, and points to the box near the bin, "new documents, after you discredit our witness, we had to rebuttle" Jeno said, and for a brief moment he thought of that interaction they exchanged in the court bathroom.

"Is that all you had to say?" Mae Hyo asks.

Jeno nods.

"You couldve texted me this"

Jeno scoffs, "I wanted you to have the embarrassment of confronting me after I caught you like that"

Now Mae Hyo scoffs, "embarrassment? nope, I'd do it again"

she would not.

"Oh yeah?" Jeno's brow raises slightly, a slight smirk on his face.

"If thats all you had to say, please make your way out" Mae Hyo says, fake smiling as she pointed towards her door.

Jeno gets up, buttoning his suit, "yup thats all I had to say"

Mae Hyo hums, "thats why I'm top and you're not"

Jeno gasps a little, " Come on now Mae, we both know I was always top"

"No, I'm in top" Mae Hyo argues.

"Oh, you meant as a lawyer? I thought differently" Jeno says, he winks at her, grabs his phone and proceeds to walk out, and it had taken Mae Hyo a second to truly realize what he meant.

Mae Hyo couldn't even recover, and then he walked in.

"Hey Mae Hyo, the interns are here, time for step 3" Jaemin says, putting a clipboard on her desk and giving her a smile.