2 | The Interns

"Who are these people?" Mae Hyo asks, sitting down on her white leather office chair as she points at the three standing in line right out of her office.

"they're your interns", Donghyuck, her secretary says, okay fine, legal secretary.

Now, male secretaries were not a thing and a legal secretary? even more so nonexistent, but that was until 2011, some jobs gender-classified jobs became not so gender inclined.

Still, You have to get Mae Hyo for the deranged and the humble person she is; after all, she's all about equality! The first step involved, getting a male secretary. This wasn't easy, but it was not impossible either, and for sure did not matter if it was legal or not.

"Interns?"

"Yeah, you're a shareholder of the regional law school, you had a deal to intern three of their best students for a year, the university pays you 9K, 3 for each and Mr.Jae signed on it too," Donghyuck says, pulling out the e-contract Mae Hyo had blindly signed once upon a time.

Mae Hyo looks up at the man in total shock, "a year? I'm supposed to teach them the law? what are law professors for?"

"At least you're being paid for it, 9K, US dollars and you get to refresh your memory with these students" Donghyuck tries to draw out a silver lining for all of this, but as if memory refreshment was a perk.

"you're totally devaluing me, 9K? That's it? and did you not negotiate with them?"

Donghyuck sighs, "I did negotiate with them, they were originally paying you 3K, one for each, but I brought it up to a 9. You have got to stop stripping me off my credits."

Mae Hyo smiles, "Fine, I'm Sorry."

Donghyuck scoffs, "no, apologize in cash."

"sure, transfer whatever you need, just make sure not to embezzle any funds. I'll tear your knee caps and feed it to your future children, got it?" Mae Hyo says, squinting her eyes at him to look as serious as possible.

Donghyuck laughs at this, shaking his head in amusement, "I've worked with you for four total years, and you still think I'll steal your money?"

"hey, money's chokehold on the world is no joke. I trust you, just don't piss me off," Mae Hyo says, painting the same expression a second ago.

Donghyuck nods, "Listen, mentoring these interns is good for your image, and you've always been a preacher. Just look at it as that"

"Thanks, Hyuck, but I'll take this up with Jaehyun. Maybe he'll give me a real silver lining by dropping this" Mae Hyo says. She rolls her chair back and walks out.

ouch.

"Hello, Ms.Bae, we're your interns" one of them spoke upon noticing her exit the office.

Mae Hyo nods in recognition and takes the elevator to the main room of the building, Jaehyun's.

The elevator dings on a random floor, and she sees the man she would go to.

"Jaehyun!"

"Mister Jaehyun" He corrects.

Jaehyun was the owner of the hot shot firm, Jigsaw, yes, Jigsaw as in a puzzle.
He always looked clean, ready, and hot.

Even at that moment, as he stood there, his white shirt clung tightly to his chest and his dirty grey office vest even tighter. His hair was a delicious brown colour, sleek and glossed, only one strand dangling, as Mae Hyo called them, the slut strand.