7 | High School Heart Throbs.

"Ive known Mae Hyo for a very long time, she's smart" Jeno pauses as he scans the documents on his table and at his interns scribbling on their notebooks.

"and a bitch" he finishes.

"Mae Hyo has used the same technique in court since day 1, she starts with a witness" Renjun says.

"The witness is ours, and I made sure to put the least amount of information about her in the discovery files especially about her condition " Jeno adds.

"The witness is the first assistant, Mrs Lee?" Sol asks, to which she quickly adds to her notes when Jeno nods.

"She's honestly annoying to work with, so two faced and bossy" Jeno shudders at that, shutting the large screen behind him.

Renjun laughs, "I know someone like that" he says, maintaining eye contact with Jeno.

Jeno stares back at him, squinting, "I am not two faced"

Renjun fake gasps as he attempts to look confused, "who was talking about you?" he says, breaking into a chuckle

Jeno scoffs amusingly, looking at his interns who had little smiles plastered on their faces, "fuck you, Jun"

That only made Renjun laugh more to which Jeno took the liberty to slap the back of his head

"Lights out, first court session tomorrow, don't be tired!" Jeno warns.

"Im so tired" Mae Hyo groans as she dramatically falls back, pushing her chair into a lying position.

"I'm sleep deprived, get back to work, I'll ask for coffee" Jaemin says, who sat on the floor in Mae Hyo's mini library that was one floor above her main office.

It was just them. Donghyuck clocked out, interns were gone and they were left with whoever else was on their night shifts.

"All we know about the witness is that she was a nightmare to Sera, and we have the other employee's statement but is that enough to discredit her?" Mae Hyo questioned herself, it was not often Mae Hyo questions her abilities but somehow right now, she was worried and sleepy.

"So dig more, there's still 10 hours to session" Jaemin says.

Mae Hyo doesnt respond, and just scrolls aimlessly on a shopping site on her computer.

Minutes passed, and she'd gotten a notification from Jaemin on instagram, she instantly looks up, "you find something?" she asks, clicking on it but was immediately disappointed at the poor quality meme Jaemin sent her.

"Jaemin!"

He laughs hard at his phone, "please just open it" he laughs again, throwing his head back on the shelves.

Mae Hyo laughs at his reaction and opens it anyways, and she laughed too. "oh my god"

Their laughs echoed and started dying down slowly and slowly, Mae Hyo drops her head to the table and sighs, "I'm not going to make it" she whispered to herself, it felt weird, there was so much information but her defenses seemed poor, even when everyone told her it might fly, but she felt too uncertain, and uncertainty leads to no confidence, and that wasn't Bae Mae Hyo, she was anything but un-confident, she made sure of it when she faked her confidence through half her school years and her career until she forced to make it reality.

When you lie so much about the same thing, even the lie starts sounding like the truth.

Her head was still on table, she looked at the paper lazily, circling the witnesses name over and over again.