—•—

Jin POV
"Clunk!"
That must be her again. And I was right.
She's kneeling down on the floor picking up the pan that she dropped earlier, while nodding her head repeatedly & muttering her apologies. Her cheeks flush a deep red color.
"Be caref-" I wince looking at her almost bumping her head on the counter top when she stands back up.
"Boss, what are you staring at?" Namjoon suddenly appears beside me & hooks his arm around my neck.
"Nothing." I quickly turn around & walk away from the kitchen door.
"Oho. You must be secretly peeking at Hari, right?" He slaps my arm teasingly.
"No." I firmly say, but my reddened ears expose my blatant lie.
"Just admit it. I know you've been watching her. Are you attracted to her or something?" Namjoon won't give up & follows me into the office.
"Nope. She's very clumsy so I can't help but watch her every move, afraid that she'll cause an accident in the kitchen."
"Really? That's it?" Namjoon raises one of his brows skeptically.
"Ya, why are you so nosy anw? Didn't you say that you liked her? I won't get in your way, don't worry."
"Nothing, just checking. I'm going to ask her to go to the beach with me this weekend."
"Beach? Aren't you moving too fast? Are you sure that she's going to say yes? Are you that close already?" His declaration catches me by surprise.
"Oho. See? You're interested in her, otherwise why would you care?" Namjoon points his forefinger at me & laughs.
"I just don't want you to break her heart & cause her to resign. We both know what a player you are. You've made a lot of our waitresses resign due to broken hearts. It's hard to find good chefs these days. If you're serious with her, then it's fine." I pretend not to care, but actually uneasiness fills my heart, I don't really know why.
"Ya Kim Seokjin, I'm not that bad, ok? It wasn't my fault that they all fell for my irresistible charm. But we'll see, if she's fun, then maybe I'll keep her." He winks at me & walks out of the office.
"Ya, Namjoon ah!" I call out to him & sigh.
Right, it's none of my business. He can do whatever he wants with her. Why should I care? She's no one to me.

—•—

Weekend
"Jin ajusshi!" Yebin jumps at me when she opens the door.
"I really really really missed you!" She says as she hugs me tightly.
"I missed you too Yebin ah. Look what I brought for you. Jjan jjan!" I take the newest Baby Alive doll, that I got at the mall yesterday, out of the paper bag.
"Woahhh! Kamsahamnida ajusshi!" Yebin exclaims excitedly.
"This doll can cry & eat, so you can practice first before your baby brother is born." I kneel down & show her all the works. The sparkle in her eyes makes me smile.
"Woahhh! Daebak! Eommaaa! Look what Jin ajusshi bought for me!" She runs into the apartment with the doll in her hands & I follow her from behind.
"As always, you're spoiling her too much." Smiling, Y/n shakes her head once she sees me coming into the living room. Her belly has grown much bigger since I last saw her a couple of weeks ago.
"Nahhh, it's nothing. How's the baby doing? When are you due again?" I put away Yebin's drawing book & crayons on the sofa to make some room for myself.
"It's kicking all the time now & it's supposed to due next month. Pardon the mess, I don't have the energy to do all the chores properly these days." Y/n says apologetically as she strokes her belly. She does look tired.
"Where's Taehyung?" I look around the room but he's nowhere to be seen.
"He's making some calls in the room." Y/n says as she walks a couple of steps away to the kitchen.
"He's working on weekends too?"
"Mm hm." She mindlessly answers while arranging the dinnerware on the table.
Taehyung started a new construction company after he resigned from his father's enterprise. They moved out of the extravagant apartment as well. Now, they're living in a much smaller apartment, but they are definitely happier. Over time, I've learned to be happy for them too, but a pang of envy still hits me every time I see them.
"Hey, sorry. I have a few things that I needed to take care of." Taehyung comes out of the bedroom in his T-shirt & jeans. Gone are the fancy designer clothings, he looks just like common people now, albeit still handsome, which irks me slightly.
"No worries. Take your time." There's still this awkwardness between Taehyung & me due to our past, but we're trying to make it work & for now everything's fine. One thing though, we tend to get competitive over the stupidest things sometimes.
"Appa! Look at what Jin ajusshi bought me. Isn't it the cutest? This is my favorite doll from now on." Yebin exclaims as she hugs the baby doll.
"Wait, isn't your favorite doll the teddy bear I gave you back then?" Taehyung asks with brows furrowed, a hint of jealousy laces his voice.
"It was, but I like this one better now."
I snort at Yebin's response & Taehyung's sour expression. He gives me a sharp glance & I pretend not to see.
"Yebin ah, who do you think is more handsome? Appa or Jin ajusshi?" Taehyung asks out of nowhere.
"Mmm.. I think you are more handsome." Taehyung smiles triumphantly at Yebin's answer.
Ya, Kim Taehyung, is this how you wanna play the game?  I relay my thoughts to him through my widened eyes.
"Buttt.. Ajusshi is taller, so I guess he still wins." Yebin continues.
I can't help but laugh out loud & raise my hands showing him 2-0.
"Ya Kim Yebin, tonight I won't read you story. How can you betray your own father like that?" Taehyung catches Yebin & tickles her waist, making her laugh uncontrollably.
Huhh.. no matter what Yebin says, he's the real winner. I smile weakly at the thought.
Suddenly, my phone buzzes & I immediately check the screen.
Namjoon.